I had a POS phone and was able to send pics, and then a friend gave me this unlocked blackberry and I cannot send pics, it pops up saying I will only be able to save a draft of the message. Is there any possible way I can send or recieve pics. And when people send me pics I click retrieve and nothing happens. I dont know a whole lot about blackberrys, and help would be greatly appreciated.
    08-05-09 05:24 PM
    do you a) have a data plan b) have a txt/pix plan ?
    08-05-09 05:35 PM
    Unlimited texting and txt/pic lol
    08-05-09 06:12 PM
    Sometimes sending one to yourself will fix your problem...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-05-09 06:15 PM
    Also, having a data plan has no effect on MMS messaging!

08-05-09 06:16 PM
    haha Icant even do that it says, No MMS service record, message cannot be sent, you will only be able to save draft.
    08-05-09 06:17 PM
    what exactly is a data plan? lol I figure if i go to the AT&T store they wont be able to help me because its an unlocked T mobile phone. Maybe Im just screwed hahah
    08-05-09 06:19 PM
    Well that means you need an MMS package on your account in order to send and receive pics!

A data plan is an internet package but like I said, it has no effect on picture messaging.

08-05-09 06:21 PM
    what? haha I do! A few months ago I had a piece of **** samsung phone and was able to send pics and recieve em,
    08-05-09 06:24 PM
    I have another question lol, what is PIN messaging?
    08-05-09 06:30 PM
    Try doing this, though I don't know if it'll help. Go to Options>>Advanced Options>>Host Routing Table, press Menu and select Register Now. Wait about a minute and try again.

PIN messaging is a feature that is restricted to only BB devices. Every phone is given its own PIN that it can be identified by. It requires a data plan in order to use it though.

08-05-09 06:40 PM
    BlackBerries each have their own identifying code, called a PIN, and they can send messages directly to each other, sort of like IMing or texting, but it's a direct connection from one BlackBerry to another. There should be an application on your phone called BlackBerry Messenger. It's used for PIN messaging. If you know someone else with a BlackBerry and have their PIN, you can send messages directly to them.

Not sure if that's working for you or not right now though given your other problems.
    08-05-09 06:41 PM
    Just a thought...have you tried re-sending your service books from At&t?
    08-05-09 06:45 PM
    Thanks for all the suggestions but unfortunately none of them are working.
    08-06-09 02:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD