ok, so i bought two themes from the website, and in trying to download them to my phone, i tried to do it directly from the purchase email to the device, both said they downloaded successfully, however i cant find them - i thought maybe it DIDN'T download, but the phone even rebooted itself - where did they go?? can anyone help me?? please??
    08-11-09 09:45 PM
    Are they in your Applications list? Options, Advanced Options, Applications.

They might show up as Plazmic.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-11-09 10:14 PM
    they show up as plazmic, and they're under i believe advanced options but i can't get them to show up in any other file, or even themes so i can set them for use - what am i doing wrong?
    08-11-09 10:17 PM
    Try resetting your BB with a power on, battery pull. Wait 30 seconds before putting the battery back.

08-11-09 10:22 PM
    ok so i've got the battery out and am about to put it back in - what's my next step and what does a battery pull do? i assume it rebooted itself before when the screen went white with a little clock in the middle......what's next?
    08-11-09 10:27 PM
    Put the battery back in the phone. It resets the phone, clears memory, and it's the thing to try when your BB starts misbehavin'.

08-11-09 10:33 PM
    alright battery's back in, phone is back on, and i still can't set the stupid theme!! aaaaaahhhhhh! lol sorry, what do i do now??
    08-11-09 10:36 PM
    You sure the theme is compatible with your OS version and device?

08-11-09 10:37 PM
    i'm pretty sure, like i said i don't know anything about this, i'm all new to it, but when you choose your device and picks compatible apps is that not pretty accurate??
    08-11-09 10:40 PM
    What kind of themes are you trying to load?

08-11-09 10:43 PM
    ok so i know one of them needs an OS of 4.5 and if it's the number starting with a v then i believe mine is 4.6 (i have the new nextel blackberry curve the 8350i)
    You might need to download Plazmic Theme Reader - that's what I had to do with my 8330. You can find the OTA on the BPlay site, and possibly on Themes4bb.com.
    You can't load 83XX themes on a 8350i, you need to load themes specifically for the 8350i's 4.6 OS.

08-11-09 10:47 PM
    x i'm trying to load the iberry theme, and one called rocker chic, now i found them under advanced options and applications on the device, but it's getting them to work that's the problem - how do i do that? sespeck, what are the links for those and i'll try them too
    08-11-09 10:47 PM
    great so i bought them for nothing? lol looks like i'm calling and ******** to get my money back tomorrow lol, oh well - thanks for the help guys!
    08-11-09 10:50 PM
    ok wait a minute i just looked up the iberry theme again and it says it IS compatible with my phone - so where am i going wrong?
    08-11-09 10:54 PM
    Only thing I can come up with is that you inadvertantly purchased the Curve 83xx for OS 4.5 rather than the Curve 8350i for OS 4.6. This would cause the problem you are experiencing. Pretty much echoing what X already said. What I'm getting at is that there's no theme that will just work across the board of all OS's. While they may offer the exact same theme, the model/OS must be selected properly to get the version that will work on your particular phone. The slight caviat to that is that the 83xx phones will work on the various 8300 series models BUT the 8350i is it's own animal with it's own OS.
    08-12-09 12:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD