Hi all - I have tons of music on Itunes. I tried moving music, using the Media Sync tool, and only 40% went over. I had a message that said something like 'copyright protected music' wasn't moved. So I then, loaded the MicroSD directly to my computer and did the drag drop to it. Again, once the card was put into my phone, only 40% went over. All the music on Itunes is paid for, so i'm not sure why I can't move it. Any thoughts? Do I need to reformat in some way, or is their a tool available I can use to transfer the music. Thanks for any help!!
    06-19-09 10:20 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

Apple has used a media protection sceme called DRM to limit the distribution of media. I can be be defeated by writing the music to a CD and copying it back to MP3 format.

The other option is a utility from BlackBerry.

BlackBerry - BlackBerry Media Sync – Tuned Up

Your Music on Your BlackBerry Smartphone. It’s That Simple.
    Sync your desktop iTunes� or Windows Media Player1 music files with your BlackBerry� smartphone. BlackBerry� Media Sync makes getting more from your music quick and easy!2,3,4,5 Want a specific playlist for the gym? With just a few simple clicks, you can choose the playlists you want from your collection.

Or, if you just need a mix of tunes to get you through the day, songs can be randomly chosen from your collection. And, to make sure you’ve always got enough free memory on your BlackBerry smartphone, BlackBerry Media Sync lets you set a limit as to how much—or how little—of your music to sync.

06-19-09 11:51 AM
    Hi Reed - thanks for the info. The BB Media Sync is what I used originally, when only 40% went over. I hope I don't have to burn everything to a CD and reload, but that may be the case. Any other ideas out there, BB World? Thanks!
    06-19-09 11:58 AM
    Yep. That's the way to do it.
    06-19-09 05:39 PM
    If you don't mind taking the time, you can create AAC versions of the copyrighted songs and transfer them over through BB's Media Manager. It worked perfectly for mine. Saves the trouble of burning them to CDs and reload them back on as mp3.
    06-19-09 07:54 PM
    Thanks, Mochicream. Can you step me through how to create ACC versions? I appreciate the help.
    06-20-09 11:28 AM
    Hi all - I have tons of music on Itunes. I tried moving music, using the Media Sync tool, and only 40% went over. I had a message that said something like 'copyright protected music' wasn't moved. So I then, loaded the MicroSD directly to my computer and did the drag drop to it. Again, once the card was put into my phone, only 40% went over. All the music on Itunes is paid for, so i'm not sure why I can't move it. Any thoughts? Do I need to reformat in some way, or is their a tool available I can use to transfer the music. Thanks for any help!!
    I use a free download called Doubletwist. It removes the protection from iTunes songs. I just sync it to my media card in my BB straight from there. Hope that helps!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-20-09 11:42 AM
    Good info, thanks!
    06-20-09 04:42 PM
    Odd, I downloaded Doubletwist and the same songs that didn't load using blackberry desktop sync didn't load using Doubletwist !!
    08-12-09 10:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD