Hi - can anyone help with my Mac/Blackberry problems. I have installed PocketMac (yes, it's great) but am unable to transfer my i-tunes library to the media folder on my curve. Do I need to install desktop manager - (although this is a PC program, I have Office:Mac which should do the trick) - simple advice would be appreciated. Many thanks. AnnaMac.
    09-13-07 12:23 PM
    You won't be able to transfer any itunes protected mp3's to your bb with pocketmac. Only mp3's you have converted yourself and uploaded to your itunes will work.
    09-14-07 08:16 AM
    You won't be able to transfer any itunes protected mp3's to your bb with pocketmac. Only mp3's you have converted yourself and uploaded to your itunes will work.
    You can remove DRM from iTunes' locked MP3 files by...

1)Creating a playlist of the songs you want to unlock
    2)Burn the playlist to a data disk (CD or DVD)
    3)After burning, reload the disk onto iTunes
    4)Rename the tracks to include "iTunes DRM" in the name field, e.g. - Heat it up - iTunes DRM
    5)Save your changes (I created a DRM playlist folder specifically for these files for ease of use)
    6)Now when you access the location that your iTunes library data is saved (My Documents/My Music/iTunes Library), you should have the file unlocked and DRM free
    7)You can tell the difference between a DRM locked file and an unlocked file by whether or not there is a padlock icon on the top left of the MP3 file icon

Good luck!!
    09-15-07 03:44 AM
    Thanks for this - but ... i-tunes are M4p format, not MP3 and so it looks like I'm stuck. I have tried burning a disc using the command to burn as MP3 but it says it is unable to do so; in short it looks like any i-tunes cannot be converted into a different format. Any more ideas?!
    09-19-07 11:18 AM
    burn em to a disc and then rip them from the disc, using an mp3 codec.instead of trying to burn them as a mp3.yayy for DRM, apple is sooo great!! lol
    09-19-07 11:24 AM
    Thanks! But er ... I'm being stupid ... where will I be given the option about how to mp3.codec them? Merci.
    09-19-07 01:32 PM
    Sorry Anna I dont know MAC programs but what you are looking for is an audio program that will encode to MP3 for you, this may help, but yet again let me say I really do not know mac software...that is a free trial for 15 days and half hour encoding sessions, but i'm sure none of your MP3's are a half hour long lol
    09-19-07 03:12 PM
    Hi. I'm just looking in to getting a BB and found this forum.

Saw this and joined up to answer - its very simple once you know iTunes!

Open iTunes and click on the 'iTunes' menu in the top left and choose preferences. This will open a new window. Choose the 'Advanced' from the menu then click on the 'Importing' tab that appears below that.

There is a drop down for 'Import Using' - click on that and choose MP3 and then just select your bit rate Done. See - easy when you know how.

You can change the format it burns CD's to in the 'Burning' tab too.

This will only convert any new CD's you import - everything you have already imported will have to be re-imported as MP3's I'm afraid. If its tracks you've download from the iTunes store simply set the burning options to Audio CD, burn the tracks then re-import the CD.

Hope that helps.

Still looking into BB's at the moment to see if a) they are what I'm looking for and b) if I can afford one! But the community aspect is a huge positive for them. Keep it up
    10-05-07 06:01 PM
    Hi. I'm just looking in to getting a BB and found this forum.

Saw this and joined up to answer - its very simple once you know iTunes!

Open iTunes and click on the 'iTunes' menu in the top left and choose preferences. This will open a new window. Choose the 'Advanced' from the menu then click on the 'Importing' tab that appears below that.

There is a drop down for 'Import Using' - click on that and choose MP3 and then just select your bit rate Done. See - easy when you know how.

You can change the format it burns CD's to in the 'Burning' tab too.

This will only convert any new CD's you import - everything you have already imported will have to be re-imported as MP3's I'm afraid. If its tracks you've download from the iTunes store simply set the burning options to Audio CD, burn the tracks then re-import the CD.

Hope that helps.

Still looking into BB's at the moment to see if a) they are what I'm looking for and b) if I can afford one! But the community aspect is a huge positive for them. Keep it up
    I was about to respond but I saw you posted!

I just love the community on here. I was thinking of getting an i-phone but I decided to stay with my BB Curve!
    10-08-07 01:09 AM
    Thanks very much Mr. Ben - this is a really useful and helpful reply. Nice kind tone too! Thanks. If I can be bothered to reconfigure my existing i-tunes library, I will go ahead and do so ... however, there is always the prospect of the new apple i-phone which would negate all of these issues. That aside, I absolutely love my BB Curve - my 3rd BB and wouldn't be without it. The most useful travelling office I could wish for. Good luck with your decision and whatever you do, I hope it works out. Thanks again.
    10-09-07 02:15 AM
    Thanks very much Mr. Ben - this is a really useful and helpful reply. Nice kind tone too! Thanks. If I can be bothered to reconfigure my existing i-tunes library, I will go ahead and do so ... however, there is always the prospect of the new apple i-phone which would negate all of these issues. That aside, I absolutely love my BB Curve - my 3rd BB and wouldn't be without it. The most useful travelling office I could wish for. Good luck with your decision and whatever you do, I hope it works out. Thanks again.
    Hey Ana, also if you want to make your songs ringtones you could just drop them into the ringtones folder, BUT if you don't want the whole song I found this site called MyxerTones.com, that lets you send selecte dprotions of a song as a ringtone to your phone. I stayed up late last night making different ring-tones for my circle of friends. It's so much fun!
    10-09-07 03:17 AM
    I found a program called myfairtunes. Converts all itunes songs with DRM's to unprotected files and transfers to any device. I transferred directly to my curve with no issues. It is definitely worth a shot.
    10-09-07 07:03 AM
    Hey do you use the tasks portion of ical by any chance? Or anyone on this thread? I use pocketmac to sync tasks on my bb curve and on my imac but the dates are never accurate. Anyone experience this?
    10-10-07 05:21 PM
    Hi Everybody. I just got a bb curve and I'm trying to send ringtones via bluetooth from my mac to BB but it's not working =( Does anyone have any other ideas of how to transfer my music?? Thanks in advanced
    10-11-07 12:21 AM
    I came across a program by a company called River Past. It is called Shadow Tunes. It claims to be able to convery iTunes songs from a playlist directly to the mass storage of your BB. I bought it and fired it up, but I cannt get it to recognize the playlist from iTunes. And of course troubleshooting does not cover this problem. It is a reputable company, but I cannot get the software to work. Anyone else use this software??
    11-21-07 11:07 AM
    Mr. Ben,

Please excuse my total computer illiteracy, but I did not totally understand your "fix" for downloading iTunes to a BB Curve. Are you saying that it works if you select an "MP3" function under "Import from" on iTunes, copy the songs to a CD via that function, and then copy the songs from the CD to the BB?

Please explain your directions in "idiotese" and I can follow.

Many thanks.
    11-21-07 11:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD