Hi, this is my first CB post. And I'm pretty frustrated with VZ/BB.

I know this HAS to be a common problem...

I bought a new Curve 8330 BB today. I was not able to tx my old contacts from my old LG phone bc the port on my phone used tx is broken (incidentally the same port as the charger - no clinging to 1 bar). So, hard-wire tx is out.

I also thought I was forward thinking when I enrolled in with VZ Backup. Turns out it's not compatible with BB!

So...I'm stuck.

I just can't believe I'm the first to encounter this problem. How is there NOT a program that converts Backup to BB?!

There's no doubt that this lapse occurs frequently. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks gang.
    08-28-09 08:57 PM
    You would have to manually trabsfer your contacts from a non-bb phone to your new 8330. There is a program however to transfer contacts from one bb to another. Its called desktop manager. Did I address your concern accurately?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-28-09 10:17 PM
    Does your LG phone support Bluetooth file transfer? It might be worth trying.

08-28-09 11:03 PM
    The other thing I can think of is to go to Verizonwireless.com and log into Backup Manager and copy your contacts using copy and paste into an email to yourself.

Then open the email with your BB and highligt the numbers and press the Menu key and create your contacts.

08-28-09 11:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD