Does anyone have a fix for the 9300's trackpad scrolling in the sun? Makes texting outside essentially impossible.
    05-25-12 05:22 AM
    Almost immediately after this my trackpad stopped working, so I suppose it's a hardware issue
    05-25-12 05:37 AM
    common issue with the 3g.

things you could do:

-put a piece of scotchtape over the trackpad, take a thumbtack or something sharp and cut the scotch tape around the trackpad. this is a good fix but it makes it harder to use the trackpad.

-replace the trackpad

-(sometimes works), put a buisiness card behind the battery (where you put the simcard). this seperates the metal piece where the trackpad is from interfearing with the battery.

-you can open the phone and push the trackpad in. so its not pointing out as much. (when light goes through it moves by itself)

good luck!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    05-25-12 08:38 AM
    I've experienced the same thing with my Curve. For the ghost scrolling, I updated the OS bundle for the Curve and it eliminated almost all of the problems I've been experiencing when texting and typing.

As for hardware.. Try cleaning the trackpad or getting it replaced or checked out by a technician. I'd rather take the cost saving alternative LOL.
    05-25-12 10:28 AM
    Thanks for your responses, I'm running "berrylicious v5" hybrid os, but this problem has carried on from os5 to os6.0.0.723 and now to blv5, so it doesn't appear to be software, and I've tried the "cardboard/business card" trick. Seeing I'm still under warranty I'll contact my service provider. I'll try the scotch tape thing though, and don't want to void my warranty by opening the phone. I'll make sure to load 6.0.0.534 on my phone before I send it in if the tape doesn't work. As 6.0.0.534 is the latest release "supported" by
    my provider.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk
    05-25-12 01:51 PM
    I had this exact same issue with my Curve 3G and posted about it back in 2011. I had to fight with my carrier to get a replacement. I did not have any issues with the replacement blackberry.
    05-26-12 06:05 PM
    Sent my curve out for repair yesterday with no issues. waiting now to get it back. using an iNQ Chat 3G until it's back. definite downgrade, although the extra battery life is nice.
    05-27-12 03:14 PM
    Got it back yesterday, rather than fix my old one they sent out a new one. Need to break it in, but still nice of RIM
    06-07-12 04:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD