My wife's trackball has been acting up lately. For awhile, it would not register a click. You can feel it physically *click* down and up, but the device would not register the keypress. I removed it carefully, cleaned out some pocket lint (grr, I told her...) And replaced it. It seemed to work , then stopped again. then it started registering MULTIPLE keypresses, and the letters near the trackball all seemed to generate a "y".

Today I disassembled her Curve, blew it out, dusted, etc. I even replaced her dirty trackball with my old, cleaner one. Same problem. The letters work now, but once you click the trackball once, it keeps clicking on stuff by itself! I have to tap the device fairly hard to get it to stop.

This is an 8300, over 1 year old. Still have 10 months left on our contract with AT&T. What repair options are there? Do I call AT&T Premier? Will they exchange it? If not, where would I send it for repair? AT&T or RIM?

Argh, we cannot afford to buy a new one right now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-13-08 06:23 PM
    I have not used the vendor referenced in this post: http://forums.crackberry.com/f5/repa...uestion-69833/
    but if Pete is satisfied with them, it might be worth your time to take a look.
    09-14-08 12:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD