Hello,

Ive got a Curve 8300 (old cellular one model) that I had managed to break in a 4th of July bar mishap, trying to find trackball parts in a maxed capacity bar is nearly impossible. I had to revert back to my Pearl 8100 and while its still a blackberry I cant stand not having full qwerty while I wait for the 9700.

Ill try to explain the problem the best I can. Underneath where the trackball sits there is a small piece of copper that acts as ( as far as I can tell ) a button, so that when you are scrolling the trackball it doesn't accidentally click ( I gathered this from putting my Pearl trackball into the curve without this copper piece, when I scrolled down or pushed a little it was really sensitive). In the Pearl this piece of copper seems to be attached to the housing underneath the trackball and therefore wont come out, however in the Curve it was attached to a small piece of plastic/paper something of that sort and fell right out.

So moral of the story, does anyone have any ideas on replacing piece of said copper so that I can use my Curve again?
    09-05-09 01:17 PM
    09-05-09 01:29 PM
    it would help if you could post a quality pic of the piece in question.
    09-05-09 01:29 PM
    it would help if you could post a quality pic of the piece in question.
    Not necessary, xliderider posted what he needs.
    Be advised: It's gonna ship from Hong Kong, and may take a while. I got mine about ten days after ordering. (Has to go thru customs)
    09-05-09 02:05 PM
    You are awesome sir, thanks for the help. Just to make sure since the original didn't look the same, this will work for all models?

The wait time isn't to much of a problem its been a couple months already and we have a few more until the 9700 :-p
    09-05-09 02:09 PM
    One more question sorry, there is a 2 pack on cnn.cn for 99cents (dont know why I couldnt find this before posting) anyone know from experience how long they take to ship?
    09-05-09 02:21 PM
    Cnn.cn is in China or Hong Kong also. So about the same time to ship as the first link.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-05-09 03:20 PM
    One more question sorry, there is a 2 pack on cnn.cn for 99cents (dont know why I couldnt find this before posting) anyone know from experience how long they take to ship?

For me in Michigan it took around 12 days. Customs is the real hold up.
    09-05-09 06:45 PM
    Well im north of you in traverse city so crossing my fingers its the same.

Thanks everyone again for the help.
    09-05-09 06:59 PM
    not to mention if you dont want to buy the part, the 8100's button will work on the curve
    09-05-09 07:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD