So, my trackball may be wonky, but I wanted to get some input on what goes on with it first before I ordered one and pulled off the "warranty" sticker and what not. The trackball will on occasion, however not all the time, need to be pressed more firmly than usual, or can be pressed very lightly and register two or three "clicks". It also has a tendency to scroll up when I am actually scrolling the ball down, or left when I am scrolling right or vice versa. What is strange to me is that it only happens occasionally, and the real curve ball, it only seems to happen when in applications. So for an example, main screen, menu screen, I can move around and click like a pro no problems. I go and open Bolt, or any other random app, and surprise I am lucky if I can do what I need to do. This is my first BB, so I am not real familiar with what type of issue this is, but it is getting extremely frustrating. I am hoping a new trackball will fix the issue, but wanted to see if anyone had experienced similar, or had input on a fix if it isn't the trackball. Thanks for any help.
    08-26-09 01:00 PM
    If you are having trackball issues, why dont you just warranty exchange it instead of voiding your warranty by changing the trackball yourself?
    08-26-09 01:02 PM
    If you are having trackball issues, why dont you just warranty exchange it instead of voiding your warranty by changing the trackball yourself?
    Returning a phone and getting another one, then going through the hassle of getting all the apps back on it and working is a huge PITA IMO . At least more of a PITA than replacing the trackball any way.
    08-26-09 01:23 PM
    Returning a phone and getting another one, then going through the hassle of getting all the apps back on it and working is a huge PITA IMO . At least more of a PITA than replacing the trackball any way.
    Its not a pain at all. Make a backup of the device you are returning through desktop manager and also backup your 3rd party applications. When you get a new device, load those backup on it. Pretty painless, actually.

Here's the thread on backing up your 3rd Party Applications:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...cations-53201/
    08-26-09 01:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD