I've already done several battery pulls, and taken out the trackball numerous times to try and figure out if its dirty or what. but my trackball won't move, and when it does move, it does so very sporatically, moving across in every which way. even when i'm not touching it all all. any clue?
    08-11-09 02:42 PM
    Even if nothing is visible there could be something sticky in there, have you spilled anything. While you had it open did you clean it? There are numerous threads available through CB on cleaning/changing trackballs.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...rackball-3243/

hope that helps.
    08-11-09 02:57 PM
    i cleaned the trackball, yes. the sensors, no. im just not comfortable with liquids

i guess something could have spilled, though i don't know what. it was in my purse, and quite literally stopped working overnight.
    08-12-09 03:21 PM
    mine did that so i traded trackball's with my friend cause his dad broke his BB 8310 cause he was pissed lol but i dunno why it did it changed it out and it works fine now
    08-12-09 03:28 PM
    have you tried to reload the software? it could be a software thing? maybe you have a program hogging up all the CPU resources running in the background..
    08-12-09 04:02 PM
    i'm beginning to think it's sensor related. on the screen it doesn't stop moving around. after a little bit i can get it to stop, but it just goes bonkers again.

the light also flickers along with it
    08-12-09 06:51 PM
    ok i've cleaned the senors and no luck. random q. should my trackball light be on when my phone is off?
    08-12-09 07:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD