I've found HUNDREDS of threads about the opposite, but my problem is the trackball won't scroll anywhere, not up down or sides, I've replaced it with 2 different new ones and nothing, and those 2 do work with other devices perfectly, what can this be? The ball does click.
    05-27-10 09:20 PM
    This might be a dumb suggestion on my part, but when you took the trackball out have you tried cleaning in the phone where the ball was? Maybe the sensors or whatever are dirty or something is blocking from reading the ball? I wouldn't know the technical stuff to try, but that's pretty basic so why not start there .. if you haven't already done that.
    05-27-10 09:56 PM
    I've had kind of the same issue with mine also...but it's just in one particular direction that my trackball doesn't like to go- left! Had an 8310 for 1 1/2 years before this, & NEVER once in all that time did the trackball stick on it. So I got this bright idea to switch it to my 8900, & it worked great- for one whole day, then locked up & refused to go left! I've cleaned in the phone, the trackball itself & all around. What works for me is to turn off my BB, then while pushing down & rolling the trackball in a circle, wipe the entire surface of the trackball with a Qtip dipped in alcohol. After a few minutes it starts rolling smoothly again. Then turn the BB on & it works again. However, I do have to repeat this every few days or so.
    I'd guess some models are more prone to this because the opening around the trackball is a bit more open.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-28-10 03:18 AM
    This might be a dumb suggestion on my part, but when you took the trackball out have you tried cleaning in the phone where the ball was? Maybe the sensors or whatever are dirty or something is blocking from reading the ball? I wouldn't know the technical stuff to try, but that's pretty basic so why not start there .. if you haven't already done that.
    Yes, I actually did, there was some dirt but not that much. Anyways it didn't help at all.

I've had kind of the same issue with mine also...but it's just in one particular direction that my trackball doesn't like to go- left! Had an 8310 for 1 1/2 years before this, & NEVER once in all that time did the trackball stick on it. So I got this bright idea to switch it to my 8900, & it worked great- for one whole day, then locked up & refused to go left! I've cleaned in the phone, the trackball itself & all around. What works for me is to turn off my BB, then while pushing down & rolling the trackball in a circle, wipe the entire surface of the trackball with a Qtip dipped in alcohol. After a few minutes it starts rolling smoothly again. Then turn the BB on & it works again. However, I do have to repeat this every few days or so.
    I'd guess some models are more prone to this because the opening around the trackball is a bit more open.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    This is most likely a deffective trackball, don't clean it, change it completely.

P.D.: Thanks for your help guys, but it is still not working.
    05-28-10 01:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD