okay, so maybe i'll give it a whirl...but i need some advice...do you all think I need to change the bezel in order for the keyboard to fit? is the tour the same size as the 8900? and its just the cdma version of the phone..what is the real difference? i'm willing to give it a shot..i just need some feed back...
    08-07-09 08:54 PM
    I wld say go to a VZ store or sprint store (or if u have a friend that has 1) and compare it to the Tour if it looks like it fits - try it - if not dont. Better to be safe then sorry
    08-07-09 11:03 PM
    You definitelt need to change the bezel as well but I think that is a slippery slope because (I am guessing on this) once you change the bezel, you then need to change the mid-plate and on and on. Before you know it, you need an entire Tour housing. Then I am not sure the 8900 insides will fit in the Tour housing since the Tour is slightly larger overall than the 8900. I was going to get into this project but the parts started to add up and it would have cost me more than I wanted to put into it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-07-09 11:05 PM
    You definitelt need to change the bezel as well but I think that is a slippery slope because (I am guessing on this) once you change the bezel, you then need to change the mid-plate and on and on. Before you know it, you need an entire Tour housing. Then I am not sure the 8900 insides will fit in the Tour housing since the Tour is slightly larger overall than the 8900. I was going to get into this project but the parts started to add up and it would have cost me more than I wanted to put into it.

I totally agree. You have to buy entire housing and transfer the circuit board and that stuff over if you want it to fit. Don't bother wasting your money unless you're really skilled at phone mechanics.
    08-07-09 11:08 PM
    I think I can do it, I just haven't convinced myself yet that I want to spend the money on it. I may get a wild hair up my a$$ one day soon and just order the parts.

08-07-09 11:13 PM
    I waiting out for the driftwood just because of the 8900's keyboard. I would have bought one this very day if not for that keyboard. Just using the bold's keyboard once was enough to make me not buy the 8900
    08-13-09 07:58 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD