Do any other tmobile customers have this problem where you can not make calls with your blackberry or any phone under tmobile in certain parts of a building because tmobiles signal is not strong enough?
    01-23-08 12:59 AM
    Yes, it's an inherant problem with the higher frequency of 1900Mhz. While the signal is clearer it doesn't penetrate builidings like the 850Mhz band does.
    01-23-08 01:03 AM
    Yes, it's an inherant problem with the higher frequency of 1900Mhz. While the signal is clearer it doesn't penetrate builidings like the 850Mhz band does.
    Is tmobile doing anything about this? Because I hate having a bb yet it seems like I have a cheap phone since I can not make calls while at school in the basement and other people can. I am really thinking about changing my service to someone else because of this.
    01-23-08 01:10 AM
    If the service doesn't work where you need it then it's best to change service. Is there a wifi network you can connect to while at school?
    01-23-08 01:25 AM
    I had the same issue and switched back to AT&T. We have one of those new high tech super Walmarts in our neighborhood. By the time I was halfway into the store I had no service. What's sad is there is a TMO store in the same shopping center.
    01-23-08 07:53 AM
    i wonder if it depends on where your at?
    01-23-08 01:52 PM
    Wifi is T-Mobile's answer to this! The 8320 does work well...
    01-23-08 02:09 PM
    i wonder if it depends on where your at?
    Yes it does. I have a BlackBerry Curve on T-Mobile and my service is wonderful inside and out of all buildings except for one that I never go to anyways.

I echo what was said before. T-Mobile is a great company with superior customer support, but if they don't have the necessary coverage in your area, first complain where so that they know where ot make improvements and then switch your carrier to one that works well for you.

T-Mobile is setting up brand new cell towers at a REGULAR clip, so they're always expanding coverage area - maybe you could come back some day.

--Kidd
    01-23-08 02:33 PM
    Ok what do you do when u r under contract I don't think they would just let you switch.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-23-08 04:33 PM
    You can switch carrier at ANY time. It's your right!

But, you'd have to pay a cancellation fee ($200) to T-Mobile...

About three weeks ago, I ported from T-Mobile to AT&T (to use my iPhone), and then switched back! T-Mobile charge $25 for coming back...
    01-23-08 04:44 PM
    [QUOTE=naviwilliams;116421]You can switch carrier at ANY time. It's your right!

But, you'd have to pay a cancellation fee ($200) to T-Mobile...
    QUOTE]
    I really think this is unfair when tmobile is the reason I can not make calls in building like walmart, etc. I have wifi and it does nothing for this problem at all!
    01-23-08 05:25 PM
    Unfair???? Did they guarantee that their service would work everywhere? They gave you 14 days to try out their service at which time you could continue service or cancel the account.
    01-23-08 05:53 PM
    Unfair???? Did they guarantee that their service would work everywhere? They gave you 14 days to try out their service at which time you could continue service or cancel the account.
    Dude this not south america or the rocky mtn. we are talking about! I am talking about going into a store or into class, so yes it is unfair if I have to pay $200 because they can not get their sh*t together.
    01-23-08 06:07 PM
    Dude this not south america or the rocky mtn. we are talking about! I am talking about going into a store or into class, so yes it is unfair if I have to pay $200 because they can not get their sh*t together.
    Why did you not return the phone and cancel your service within the 14 day test period? Sounds like you are saying that it doesn't work almost everywhere you go - I think that would have thrown up lots of alarms to me if I had just signed up!!

--Kidd
    01-24-08 02:35 PM
    Why did you not return the phone and cancel your service within the 14 day test period? Sounds like you are saying that it doesn't work almost everywhere you go - I think that would have thrown up lots of alarms to me if I had just signed up!!

--Kidd
    I had not started school when I upgraded to the curve, I have been with tmobile for over a year.
    01-24-08 07:17 PM
    If school is your issue and the wifi won't work for you, perhaps they can either get you a different unit that does or call tmo and see if they will let you out of your contract. for people who move its generally not a prob but for school.....its a stretch.
    01-24-08 09:39 PM
    WTF do you need service inside the school for?

Aren't you there to learn? Or are you there to play with your blackberry on the internet?
    01-24-08 09:54 PM
    I love my curve and I love tmobile, however, it is ****ty service they have inside buildings. I work in a hospital and it pisses me off that everybody is available at their cell phone but mine is dead unless I am close to a window.... it is inconvenient but it is just the way it is. Fortunately for me, they just established a wifi network inside the building and I am reaping the full benefits of UMA. I honestly doubt that you will be able to dump tmobile because of this, after all you signed an agreement with them. Wait a few months and switch to ATT
    01-24-08 10:32 PM
    T-Mobile is not the reason you cannot make calls, the metal in the buildings absorb the radio signals and make it so that you cannot call. Other people may be able to call because their tower is closer than yours, just search for a different tower with a better signal.

Most cell phone problems are caused by the end user.
    01-24-08 11:13 PM
    T-Mobile is not the reason you cannot make calls, the metal in the buildings absorb the radio signals and make it so that you cannot call. Other people may be able to call because their tower is closer than yours, just search for a different tower with a better signal.

A girl in my class has a tmobile sidekick and she has not problem making calls at all in the building.
    01-24-08 11:19 PM
    WTF do you need service inside the school for?

Aren't you there to learn? Or are you there to play with your blackberry on the internet?
    Dude I am pulling down a 3.6 gpa, so please stop it!
    01-24-08 11:21 PM
    So because you went somewhere new and now your phone does not work, you are upset. You make a comment about this not being south american, no, its north america and it is a HUGE place to blanket with service! Looked at a map lately? You want perfect service, move to Europe, I had great signal everywhere I went.

To a previous posters comment, tell T-mobile when you find bad spots, they normally try to respond quickly to those complaints. I have been with them 6 years and have seen my coverage go from borderline to having a dropped call once every few months.

If you really are bothered by it, pay the fee and get out (or yell enough and they may let you out). Also, check who the people who can make calls down there are with, may be Nextel as iden is a 450hz network I think.

01-24-08 11:33 PM
    So because you went somewhere new and now your phone does not work, you are upset. You make a comment about this not being south american, no, its north america and it is a HUGE place to blanket with service! Looked at a map lately? You want perfect service, move to Europe, I had great signal everywhere I went.

To a previous posters comment, tell T-mobile when you find bad spots, they normally try to respond quickly to those complaints. I have been with them 6 years and have seen my coverage go from borderline to having a dropped call once every few months.

If you really are bothered by it, pay the fee and get out (or yell enough and they may let you out). Also, check who the people who can make calls down there are with, may be Nextel as iden is a 450hz network I think.

The thing is I am not dropping calls, I just can not make them, but a person with a "tmobile" sidekick has no trouble making calls at all!

ps I should be able to make calls in walmart or target.
    01-24-08 11:45 PM
    I would bug T-mobile about it, maybe they need to swap out your phone or something. Especially if a sidekick can make calls. I always used Nokias in the past with T-mobile since they have the best reception, though my Curve is about on par with them so something must be up with your phone.
    01-24-08 11:56 PM

I'll make sure to send the memo, perhaps the building can be relocated?

I don't think that is my job to troubleshoot these things. I pay tmobile to make my life easier and certainly not harder..... furthermore, saying that most cell phone problems are caused by end user is not fair, it's like saying that microsoft is not liable for any problems that windows has (does not make sense)

I've had three phones with tmobile; none of them were functional inside this place, a few times I've borrowed my wife's phone and same story. I honestly don't know of any other tmobile users that are able to make calls from the locations that my phone is non functional, so I find it hard to believe it is my fault. I stay with them for customer service and price, but signal strength has always been (IMHO) one of their weak points, perhaps of their using a different frequency as someone posted?
    Last edited by AndyLopez; 01-25-08 at 01:33 AM.
    01-25-08 12:35 AM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD