So I called TMO sales today to find out about a phone for my dad and got to talking to the CSR about Blackberries. He said he had an 8900. I told him I loved the look of that phone and would purchase it if it had been 3g compatible. He goes "oh it is". I asked how and he says "I cant tell you since Tmobile does not officially support it". He also continued to say that the Curve 8520 was also 3g supported.

WTH? Is this even possible? I'll take your guys word over what this guy said because I think it was 100% BS.

Maybe he had 3g and edge confused... Who knows, just thought I would share.
    08-20-09 06:51 PM
    Thats sad if a sales rep is getting 3G and EDGE mixed up.
    08-20-09 06:52 PM
    That sales guy is a liar or a moron, or both.
    08-20-09 07:00 PM
    A moron sounds better, he still doesn't know what 3G is in comparison to EDGE!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-20-09 07:13 PM
    LOL.... how many time have we all talked about how bad some of the CSR are about their own equipment??? I don't think most of them know how many different models they have and what their capabilities are... if I was just studying Blackberry's on T-Mobile I would hope I could talk about them... but they have too many different manufactures.... and most just want to make a sale.
    08-20-09 07:14 PM
    +pi r (2)

08-20-09 07:15 PM
    Thats what I thought. Being new to the new blackberries I just wanted to confirm.
    08-20-09 07:19 PM
    what a retardddd
    08-20-09 07:38 PM
    Maybe he meant this: RIM BlackBerry 9300 (Phone Arena)

I just found it this morning. Looks just like a 8900.
    08-20-09 08:57 PM
    @ Symp: Except that phone has ATT 3g, not Tmobile 3G.
    08-20-09 09:08 PM
    Some sales people will tell you what they think you want to hear. That or maybe he had 3G and WiFi confused.

08-20-09 09:12 PM
    Hahaha sales reps are stupid... I remember one telling me that my insurance wouldn't cover a cracked screen... I asked for the manbager and he called the girl an *****... Well not in so many words but its what he meant.

08-20-09 09:15 PM
    sales reps are idiots, they read off the computer to solve your problems. but tmobile is full of shyt anyways so dont even let that run threw your head
    08-20-09 09:29 PM
    It would be awesome, but no 3G on the 8900...
    08-20-09 09:30 PM
    the funny thing is i had a sales tmo phone rep tell me the same thing, that the 8900 was a 3g phone. lol

i no longer correct any service rep... its just a headache
    08-20-09 10:18 PM
    Yes I know exactly what you are saying man been there done that I have to deal with tmobile alot. When I had my 8320 they told me that it had gps and 3g and I argued with the guy in a respectful way; telling him that he mistaken and must have the 8320 mixed up with another phone. Then the guy got an attitude with me and started being a ****; saying "I will ask my manager just to show you your lack of knowledge on your own phone" yea that went well he found out he was wrong. Then another time I called when i got my 8900 I had to pay 200 and I did not extend my contract. Then I call back a couple days later because I have a feeling tmobile tried to screw me. I come to find out when I called to get my blackberry they extended my contract for two years. I started complaining to them and said I did not agree to that; apparently they checked the file and said the comp did it by accident. Tmobile are kinda stupid; people on here know more about blackberrys then tmobile will ever know
    08-20-09 11:47 PM
    8900 DOES have 3G.........lmao.....lmfao

What a moron

That being said, you have to remember that these people probably don't use a BB and more than likely don't share the same interest (or give a crap for that matter) in these devices that everyone here does.

08-21-09 01:38 AM
    LOL .... train your salesperson first man o man .... everyone knows that 8900 is EDGE
    08-21-09 03:09 AM
    Fail. That CSR should get fired for incompetency in the cell phone industry.
    08-21-09 04:28 AM
    Wish the 8900 had 3g. Sure would be helpful when tethering.
    08-21-09 04:43 AM
    Well, there's a LOT of incompatency with ALL CSR's regardless of industry. I asked to talk to the so-called techie my land line phone rep talked because I wanted to explain my problem to him myself because clearly the CSR had no freakin clue but she refused to let me talk to anyone else. Can you believe it? I told to cancel my service right then and there. There are morons everywhere. Every once in a while though I do get one who goes above and beyond. My last T-Mo CSR was excellent. I guess it all washes out.
    08-21-09 08:56 AM
    That's why its always good to do your own research before calling in or asking for help on anything. It shouldn't have to be that way but it is what it is.

When I run into problems I've never seen before and just can't figure it out I'm always up front and honest with the customer and just tell them straight out that I have no idea what's going on but I'll do everything I can to get things working....I've been out to jobs where nothing is working properly but everything tests fine on my test sets.

Its always good to be honest though, and I'd rather have a rep tell me they don't know the answer than lie to me...**** I've gotten into verbal fights with my company's reps when I call them and they try to feed me lies.

08-21-09 10:21 AM
    Haha this is just pathetic if you are serious about that CSR

08-21-09 11:18 AM
    I wish the 8900 had 3G, I wouldn't be buying the Driftwood if it did. Posting this using EDGE (tethering) and it's painfully slow. I had the unfortunate situation of downloading a 5-6 MB update for an application and that sucked over EDGE.

Some CSRs in general across all industries can be incompetent so situations like this are to be expected.
    08-21-09 11:59 AM
    Lol so sad and the rep is probably convinced they have 3G.
    08-21-09 12:24 PM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD