I see that one of the benefits of the new OS is threaded SMS.

Now I do not know if I am missing something here but my curve 8320 dd this, my Bold did this and my 8900 also has threaded SMS.

What am I missing?
    08-26-09 06:36 AM
    NOO!!!
    if you do not have that leaked OS 5.**** u do not have threaded SMS..

Threaded SMS keeps all texts in one convo, as opposed to receiving multiple added convos.. not sure if that makes sense lol
    08-26-09 06:42 AM
    This is confusing to some. It keeps a past history, which you can determine the number of messages, but each time a new message comes it doesnt just show under the one contact name, and instead it comes as a regular message that when you open it, it shows the conversation.

Threaded will just show the contacts name, then you click that one name and it opens the conversation up.
    08-26-09 06:54 AM
    Open the Blog thread: Images: Native Threaded SMS Client for BlackBerry

I think generally this is a new way of keeping threads and will be a big improvement to what you know today as threaded conversations. Now that this new leaked OS 5.0 version came out I'm really wanting to see an Official release... threaded SMS messages, tabbed browsers... I just hope all my apps can be changed over quickly... I don't want to change until all my apps work too.
    08-26-09 07:11 AM
    threaded SMS shows the name of the person you texted or texted you and when you click that, it shows all the conversation you had with each other.
    08-26-09 08:33 AM
    argh, I knew I surely had missed some post...asked the same question in the OS-forum, see below:
    (sorry, cant post links yet...post is in the OS discussion forum)

greetz
    08-26-09 08:58 AM
    To call the current system threaded is a disgrace to the concept of threaded sms.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-26-09 10:09 AM
    I really don't want threaded SMS, to me it is more useful to see when it comes in related to all my other messages in the device.
    08-26-09 10:14 AM
    Never seen this looking forward to seeing how this looks. Sounds sweet.

08-26-09 10:18 AM
    I really don't want threaded SMS, to me it is more useful to see when it comes in related to all my other messages in the device.
    What !!! Threaded SMS is the ish !!!
    08-26-09 10:24 AM
    All of my texts are threaded by sender. Are we saying that os5 puts all messages from all senders on a thread?

Not sure I like the sound that. Conversations by sender suits me fine.

Or Am I still missing something?

08-26-09 02:51 PM
    Think of this as an msn conversation or aim. So its just every text in a little chat bubble so the same look as blackberry messenger.

08-26-09 03:04 PM
    If you've ever used a Treo or a newer WM phone, you'll know what threaded SMS is about. Threaded SMS makes SMS read like BBM, not like the weird solution RIM has now. I have to test out threaded SMS when I get my replacement 8900 back but my major problem with the current SMS system is that you can't add another reply to a "thread" until you get a response or you start a new "thread".
    08-26-09 05:31 PM
    Visual Voicemail (if possible)
    BBM 5 compatibility
    Tabbed Browsing
    Threaded SMS

Just for following Sith_Apprentice (BlackBerrySith) on Twitter ...
    08-26-09 07:23 PM
    Visual Voicemail (if possible)
    BBM 5 compatibility
    Tabbed Browsing
    Threaded SMS

Just for following Sith_Apprentice (BlackBerrySith) on Twitter ...
    Was JUST about to post this...

need 24 more followers!
    08-26-09 07:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD