View Poll Results: what is your take for skin-fit protection?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • The InvisibleShield

13 61.90%
  • The Best Skin Ever (BSE)

8 38.10%
    am planning to get one, but am also looking at BSE... all comments and recommendations are welcomed... please help...
    07-17-08 11:34 AM
    Same thing. I've used both on multiple applications and would buy the BSE twice before I spent the money on an IS again. You get two BSE's for 1/2 of the price of one IS.
    07-17-08 11:42 AM
    I ordered an IS just for the screen last week and still haven't received an email that it shipped and it hasn't arrived.

I then ordered a Full BSE a few days ago and i've already received an email saying it has been shipped.

Based on price, communication by the company, and reviews.....BSE is the way to go.
    07-17-08 11:44 AM
    ^^ I share Loopy's thoughts exactly
    07-17-08 11:45 AM
    Keep in mind that this form of device protection comes in many grades..........the lower grades are often less expensive BUT will discolor when exposed to the Sun and everyday use........

Just a FYI
    07-17-08 11:48 AM
    They are both the same material, so if one holds up against
    discoloring the other will also.

The price is because with the IS you get a bottle of application
    solution (which is easy enough to make) and a lifetime warranty,
    which is kind of silly, considering how often a lot of up upgrade
    07-17-08 11:52 AM
    BSE is the way to go if you like skins
    07-17-08 11:54 AM
    I ordered an IS just for the screen last week and still haven't received an email that it shipped and it hasn't arrived.

I then ordered a Full BSE a few days ago and i've already received an email saying it has been shipped.

Based on price, communication by the company, and reviews.....BSE is the way to go.
    now that is something, poor CS? got it already?
    07-17-08 11:57 AM
    now that is something, poor CS? got it already?
    Still haven't received my IS

But I did get my BSE and installed it tonight.
    07-18-08 11:07 PM
    The InvisibleShield
    07-19-08 01:23 AM
    Funny thing about the lifetime warranty is you have to pay them $4.00 to cover the new skin replacement under their warranty...

I use BSE and I had a problem once (my husband didnt let his ipod dry 10 hours and it peeled at the end) and they replaced my product free of charge no questions asked...

The only advantage I see is Invisible Shield is quickier on the draw to get new models in their lineup ...other than that BSE is better in price and customer service.
    07-19-08 02:03 AM
    It took me two weeks to get my IS for my BB but it's here now and on and I love it...I can't even see it. I love that my screen no longer gets greasy with it on (that drives me crazy and then ppl look at my funny on the subway as I take out my little rag and mini spray bottle of windex to clean it, lol).

I've had an IS on my 1st Gen. Nano since two weeks after I got it...I've replaced it twice without paying anything. Twice it was because I told my neice it was scratchproof and she thought that extended to permenant markers (4 years old...what're you gonna do?) and the last time because a customs agent pulled it off while on my way into Germany. So it was worth the 20$ or whatever I paid to initially since I've replaced it 3 times and probably will replace it another few times before my beloved nano dies.

I expect I'll get the same level of service with my BB screen protector.
    07-19-08 08:54 AM
    my IS cuts are a bit too short i think. if i put it towards the corners where they should be, theres some space in between the other cuts and it just makes it look ugly. i havent tried the BSE yet, but i mean lifetime warranty is def a plus.
    07-19-08 09:07 AM
    Again I would ask the purveyor of the wrap who the ACTUAL manufacturer is...........there are a handful of actual manufacturers that provide the materials to resellers........typically they are plotter cut.........ASK about a non yellowing/discoloration warranty.......if it is indeed top notch material they WILL offer you one for free.........I have many years of experience with this product in MANY different applications.......BUYER BEWARE........if you get the quality versions you will be VERY happy for a long time.....regardless of the actual reseller.....try Invisishield - Paint Protection Film Application and Distribution and learn some more..........there are versions of this film used in lieu of armor plating on vehicles......
    07-19-08 09:10 AM
    Alright, let's see here. Am I going to spend $11.95 with free shipping for ONE Invisible Shield with a lifetime warranty that when it needs replaced will cost me $4, or am I going to spend $5.99 plus $2 shipping for TWO Best Skins Ever that when needs replaced I just peel off the second one and use it?

Even if you needed a third and fourth it's still going to be the same amount as if you needed to replace your IS a single time.

No brainer to me.
    07-19-08 11:01 AM
    I had the IS for my Sidekick 3 and it worked great. By the end of my use of the SK3, it had absolutely not scratches or anything whatsoever. I never used BSE so I can't say anything about it. If they are the made of the same material, then BSE should be good too.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-19-08 11:34 AM
    Alright, let's see here. Am I going to spend $11.95 with free shipping for ONE Invisible Shield with a lifetime warranty that when it needs replaced will cost me $4, or am I going to spend $5.99 plus $2 shipping for TWO Best Skins Ever that when needs replaced I just peel off the second one and use it?

Even if you needed a third and fourth it's still going to be the same amount as if you needed to replace your IS a single time.

No brainer to me.

To each their own.........they are NOT the same material..........common sense would reveal that I.S. would in fact not be viable if it was inferior product quality at twice the price............

If the Armed Forces trust it to protect vechicles from bullets - I am thinking it is OK for a Berry...........
    07-19-08 11:58 AM
    $20 vs $7, seriously? You need a poll for this?
    07-19-08 12:06 PM
    $20 vs $7, seriously? You need a poll for this?

Another wizard of common sense...........again.....THERE IS A REASON WHY I.S. HAS THE MARKET SHARE...........

But, ****..........El Gaucho ain't for everyone.........some people LIKE Denny's.
    07-19-08 12:18 PM
    I put IS on as soon as I bought my Curve and I was really hyper putting it on the first time. It left finger marks and I just did a horrible job putting it on.
    I ordered another one and took my time and it is a wonderful product.

The shipping to me was extremely rapid. Two days after ordering it, it was in my mailbox.
    07-19-08 12:23 PM
    Another wizard of common sense...........again.....THERE IS A REASON WHY I.S. HAS THE MARKET SHARE...........

But, ****..........El Gaucho ain't for everyone.........some people LIKE Denny's.
    That's not very nice man! And Denny's blows! However--how long does one keep a phone? Certainly not forever, so why would I need a skin to last that long??
    07-19-08 12:38 PM
    I bought the IS and I love it!!! However I did seem to have a little trouble putting it on my phone. This was because it was the first time that I put a screen protector an anything. It is on now and looks great!!! Good luck on your decision.
    07-19-08 12:57 PM
    That's not very nice man! And Denny's blows! However--how long does one keep a phone? Certainly not forever, so why would I need a skin to last that long??

The more sunlight exposure the quicker the discoloration.......however if you do not mind it being yellow or orange-ish........no big deal....if you turn phones every 6 or 8 months......no big deal more than likely.......but I.S. absolutely offers better wear and protection..........same stuff I have seen on Lamborghinis and other HiLine stuff........even boats and crotch rockets.....

So as usual........buyer beware........inspect what you expect.......
    07-19-08 01:09 PM
    Now was that so hard?? Instead of calling me a sarcastic name you could just write your side of the argument--life is easier that way
    07-19-08 01:10 PM
    Now was that so hard?? Instead of calling me a sarcastic name you could just write your side of the argument--life is easier that way
    YOU went down sarcasm avenue........I merely followed......

Enjoy your day...
    07-19-08 01:16 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD