i currently have the storm and like it pretty good except for the reception. it has the current OS on it .148 and the only apps i have on it is the barnes and noble e Reader. like i said, the reception is horrible. i was wondering has anyone left the storm for the 8330? i am thinking about buying the curve and try it for the 30 days and see if it is different. i just am tired of the dropped calls i am experiencing.
    07-29-09 11:27 AM
    Well I never had a storm but do have an 8330 and I have never had a problem with reception. Its always been great! I have have seen many posts on here of people switching from a storm to a 8330 and were glad they did. I can't be without mine but would still like a tour. But even if I got a tour I might miss my 8330 lol!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-29-09 11:32 AM
    I have an 8330 and my father has the storm.
    We work together. He doesn't loose reception but misses a lot of calls.
    I love the curve and couldn't be happier.
    07-29-09 11:33 AM
    Had an 8330 bought from ebay. it had some issues so i bought a storm from ebay. Used the storm 3 months and then just got a new 8330 from an upgrade option. I love the curve 8330! The size is better, like keys over touch. I'm sitting here listening to Pandora and it sounds good on it.

My opinion is the curve is an all around good phone. Might not be good for reading a book, but that is what the library is for.

Bottom line: Storm is on the market.
    07-29-09 11:36 AM
    Yeah I had a storm for 2 weeks and returned it before the 30 days were up. Storms are a big piece of ****. I then got my curve 8330 and have had no problems. Yeah the storm was an eye catcher but what's the use if they freeze up all the time and have crappy reception? How many threads have we had were people just can't stand the curve?? And the storm plenty!
    07-29-09 11:50 AM
    The Curve Rocks!!!!! By Far The Best Bb Ever!!!!
    07-29-09 11:51 AM
    I started with a curve, switched to the storm, and then returned to the curve. My storm worked pretty well, but wouldn't keep reception like my curve. That with the size, weight, and lack of physical keys was enough for me to return to the curve. My curve is just a solid device. Always recieve my calls, never drops any. It works every time. I am wanting to try the Tour, but I've got a couple months left before my NE2, so I can wait.
    07-29-09 11:52 AM
    Oh I liked the storm, especially the screen, but the curve is just a no frills bb that is a workhorse.......
    07-29-09 11:55 AM
    The Curve is probably the most stable, sturdy perfectly functional device I've ever had. The Storm, was by far the worst I've ever had. You won't be sorry you switched.
    07-29-09 11:57 AM
    Oh I liked the storm, especially the screen, but the curve is just a no frills bb that is a workhorse.......
    I knew a Tony Bag o donuts on yahoo. That you, T?
    07-29-09 12:15 PM
    I love my Storm by far the best bb I ever had. I read bashing trolls but for me its been nothing but great. Alot of ppl didnt give it a chance. One week with a phone is not long enough but I do understand ppl want results right away and I cant blame them for that.

If the reception is not good then I recommend getting the curve, but who says that will solve the problem?.. nonetheless i had a Curve 8320 before the Storm and it worked GREAT. Very consistent phone.
    07-29-09 01:36 PM
    Thank you all for your input. I have had the Storm for 6 months and the reception has always been bad. I think I will try the curve, and if it the same way, i can always return it.
    07-29-09 02:28 PM
    You will like the Curve, very stable and reliable device, I recommend them all the time...
    07-29-09 02:34 PM
    Ditto on the Curve. Steady, stable, solid. Whizi bang stuff is cute, but when it must work....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-29-09 02:37 PM
    I knew a Tony Bag o donuts on yahoo. That you, T?
    nope everywhere else but there.... sorry
    07-29-09 05:12 PM
    also don't forget, other than love at first sight with anything new, hardcore users/ forums, etc. will 90% say the bad and not the good about a device, car, tv, etc.
    07-29-09 05:13 PM
    Had an 8310 with AT&T and switched to Verizon. Had a choice between the Storm and the 8330. I went with 8330 and I'm glad I did. Hopefully they have gotten all the bugs out of Storm, but either way, you can't go wrong.
    07-29-09 05:47 PM
    I upgraded to an 8330 in June from a Pearl. I love the Curve.
    07-29-09 06:04 PM
    If you can't make a call on your Storm what's the point of keeping it.Perhaps it's an issue with the handset itself.Maybe you just need to exchange it. That being said,I love my Curve 8330.Great performance as a phone as well as a mobile computing/messaging device.
    07-29-09 06:47 PM
    If you can't make a call on your Storm what's the point of keeping it.Perhaps it's an issue with the handset itself.Maybe you just need to exchange it. That being said,I love my Curve 8330.Great performance as a phone as well as a mobile computing/messaging device.
    I didn't say I couldn't make calls on my Storm, I said I am tired of getting dropped calls. It happens while I am talking and it is not very often. It just that it does drop calls. This is the second Storm I have had. And both had the same issues. I love to hear everyone that has the 8330 and loves it. That is a good sign! Maybe I will have better luck with the 8330 and the reception at my house. I am waiting for my extra money to get in my hands and I am going to get the 8330
    07-29-09 07:50 PM
    once you go curve you never go back.
    07-29-09 08:44 PM
    I love my curve, the reception is better than any other phone I have had, mainly LGs and especially my omnia WIMO

Mike
    07-29-09 09:33 PM
    I didn't go from a Storm to a Curve, but I did go from a Pearl to a Curve.

I LOVE the Curve! It's just a great all-around device!
    08-02-09 01:47 PM
    I cant get pandora.com to download on 8330 it must b me (error 406)
    08-02-09 03:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD