Hey, I'm new here. Pardon me if I'm at the wrong section. I need help.

Earlier today, I restarted my phone ( Full power off ) and on it back again, an error ' Uncaught exception : java.lang.NullPointerException ' came up. And now not only my Inbox Folder is missing which suppose to be at the home screen, I also can't receive any text messages. Rest are all fine I guess. I've tried reseting the phone ( Alt + aA Right hand side + Del ) , reseting theme to defaults, but it still doesn't work.

Anyone know what's going on?

* And I just found out the all my old text messages is in SMS Outbox Folder. When I go to Messages > View Folder > SMS Inbox, then the Error ' Uncaught exception:java.lang.NullPointerException
    Last edited by BB.Curve; 05-26-10 at 05:05 AM. Reason: Found a new stuff that might help
    05-24-10 10:08 AM
    Try pulling the battery leaving it out for a few minutes and putting it back in the phone. Resend your service books (Setup > Email Settings > BB Button > Service Books > Send Service Books). This should help you.
    05-24-10 10:33 AM
    Try pulling the battery leaving it out for a few minutes and putting it back in the phone. Resend your service books (Setup > Email Settings > BB Button > Service Books > Send Service Books). This should help you.
    Did the pull out battery thing, still not working. Oh and the Inbox that is missing is the SMS Inbox, not the Email Inbox.
    05-26-10 01:55 AM
    Try going into your messages folder, select options, now go to general options then inbox settings and see if you have your SMS/MMS both going into your Messages folder... if so unselect this to have them in seperate folders...
    Last edited by Busta-B; 05-26-10 at 02:09 AM.
    05-26-10 02:06 AM
    Try going into your messages folder, select options, now go to general options then inbox settings and see if you have your SMS/MMS both going into your Messages folder... if so unselect this to have them in seperate folders...
    Did that mate. Still not working. And I just found out the all my old text messages is in SMS Outbox Folder. When I go to Messages > View Folder > SMS Inbox, then the Error ' Uncaught exception:java.lang.NullPointerException ' show up.
    05-26-10 05:04 AM
    Hey, I'm new here. Pardon me if I'm at the wrong section. I need help.

Earlier today, I restarted my phone ( Full power off ) and on it back again, an error ' Uncaught exception : java.lang.NullPointerException ' came up. And now not only my Inbox Folder is missing which suppose to be at the home screen, I also can't receive any text messages. Rest are all fine I guess. I've tried reseting the phone ( Alt + aA Right hand side + Del ) , reseting theme to defaults, but it still doesn't work.

Anyone know what's going on?

* And I just found out the all my old text messages is in SMS Outbox Folder. When I go to Messages > View Folder > SMS Inbox, then the Error ' Uncaught exception:java.lang.NullPointerException

Backup your phone using DM and have a look at the video > BlackBerry 101: How to Reload the Operating System on a Nuked BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com

maybe this will solve your problem

PS: When restoring the backup file select only the important stuff ( Contacts and Calendar ), so you'll have a new Device.

Make sure your BBM contacts are Backed up as well. To do so, Go To > BlackBerry Messenger > press the BB Menu button > scroll down to options > scroll down to contact list > click on backup > Backup files Locally.

To restore you BBM Go to > BlackBerry Messenger > press the BB Menu button > scroll down to options > scroll down to contact list > click restore > restore using a backup file from device.
    Last edited by Ahmed G.; 05-28-10 at 07:03 PM.
    05-26-10 06:23 AM
    Thanks Ahmed! Nw it's working just fine. :thumbsup:
    05-28-10 01:39 AM
    Anytime My Friend
    05-28-10 05:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD