Hi, I'll try and keep this brief.

I have a Blackberry 9320, running 7.1.0.398 (1319), the newest version according to system update. My carrier is blocking Wireless Hotspot and there's no option for it in the Wireless settings menu. The carrier im using is Etisalat in UAE. If I remove the sim card and reformat the phone, the option is there again. The moment I put my sim card in, the phone downloads 5 service books from the carrier (Etisalat) and the wireless hotspot options disappears and never comes back (unless I reformat the phone without the sim). I called the carrier Etisalat, and they said they don't support tethering or hotspots on BB, but I know it should work since they said similar hotspot features work just fine on the iPhone without extra charge, also other people said they got it working somehow with etisalat.
    I attempted to unlock this feature via the hidden engineering screens in the BB device, but I couldn't find anything relating to WHS other than "power adjustment".

I have attempted other ways to tether my BB to my laptop. I tried the Tether.com app, but I had to set a specific Etisalat APN setting on the phone because it wasnt working, and the APN setting caused my carrier to charge me huge amounts. So, I know I can't put my carriers APN setting in. I also tried an app called PDAnet, to use Bluetooth DUN to connect, but dial up kept failing as well. None of the numbers I tried worked ( I tried *99#, I tried #777, etc). Now, here I am. I don't know what to do... All I want to do is share my BBs Internet with my laptop. How can I do this?

My question; Is there anyway I can hack the "wireless hotspot" back into my phone, since my carrier disabled it? If not, is there any other way I can tether my BB to my laptop?
    01-05-13 10:49 AM
    There is a simple answer to your question. It can cost highly for tethering, as you have to access a mobile network. You are paying the normal rate per day as you would for Pay As You Go internet (something like 50p a day), plus the cost for extreme usage, which may cost you another 50p a day, so it could cost quite a lot per day. These costs aren't the same for every carrier, but it's still the same principal. Because of this, most carriers won't bother letting you use it all.
    01-05-13 11:11 AM
    Please don't start a new thread for the same subject.

http://forums.crackberry.com/general...either-760936/
    01-05-13 11:14 AM