After my phone being plugged in and set on a table, the cord hung from the wall, crazy dog running through the cable at the doorbell sound, USB NO LONGER WORKS. Doesnt work to charge or to sync. I purchased a cradle and have been charging it with that since. All was fine until now, can I update my os from the phone itself? I need either a new os or the old bbm???
    HELP!!!
    10-18-09 06:59 PM
    You are unable to load a new OS through the device. You need to load that through Desktop Manager or Apploader through the PC.
    10-18-09 07:03 PM
    Your SOL. As far as I know usb is the only way to update your os. You can use bluetooth to sync your contacts and back up ypu berry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-18-09 07:04 PM
    How do i do that with bluetooth?? What would it require??
    10-18-09 07:08 PM
    Have you tried to hook it up to another computer or using another USB cable or port, just to be 100% sure?
    10-18-09 07:11 PM
    If your carrier releases a OS update for your device you may be able to update without using a pc. I just upgraded to the new Sprint OS for the 8330m without using a pc, did the update thru the wireless update in options>advanced. If you are trying to use another carrier's build or a hybrid then a pc is needed but if your carrier has a update for your device it is possible to do the entire process without ever connecting to a pc. True for Sprint at least, I just did this a few days ago to update to the .175 official Sprint build.
    10-18-09 07:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD