Hi, I just got a Sprint 8330 Curve and wanted to sync with outlook. I have been looking but cant find any help to get them to talk to each other. My outlook is setup and I mostly want to sync contacts, tasks, and memos but cant figure it out. Can anyone guide me in the right direction? Thanks
    09-01-08 03:57 PM
    Yes, you need to use the Blackberry Desktop Manager software.

When you click on Synchronize, the settings will allow you to select the parts of your Outlook data that you want to sync.
    09-01-08 04:01 PM
    Got it! Thanks a million
    09-01-08 04:06 PM
    Yes, you need to use the Blackberry Desktop Manager software.

When you click on Synchronize, the settings will allow you to select the parts of your Outlook data that you want to sync.

Does this work if you have Outlook through your job?
    09-01-08 04:55 PM
    Does this work if you have Outlook through your job?
    It works with any computer regardless of whether its a work computer or personal computer

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-01-08 05:07 PM
    I'm unable to successfully sync my outlook calendar on my personal computer to my 8330 using the desktop manager. My only sync options appear to be to Yahoo calendar and an ascii file - ascii would mean I'd need to export, then upload the file, etc... that's not really synching.

I've searched the forums for the last 3 hours now and have not found a thread that actually tells you how to do it. I'd be grateful for your help.
    09-05-08 02:52 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

This sounds like there is a version mismatch.

The older versions of Desktop Manager do not work with the later versions of MS Offfice and to some extent, vice versa.

You will need to verify which versions of MS Office and DM you currently have and then have a look over on BlackBerry to see which versions are compatible.

This is the only thing that I can think of that will cause this.
    09-05-08 02:57 PM
    Early on I had to upgrade my version of Desktop Manager for the sync to work correctly.
    Make sure you have 4.6
    The Outlook sync is one of the main reasons I got my berry...love it
    09-05-08 03:02 PM
    I had my blackberry synd's prefectly and one day it decided that it was going to wipe out my desktop computer outlook calender of all future meetings. Thankfully they are all still on my blackberry. When I set it up for Device to Outlook with the future items checked it will not place the future meetings on my desktop outlook. Originally I just wanted to synch my calender and nothing else. Every since I started having this problem it has syncd my contacts and im now receviing my outlook emails (which I do not want to happen). What gives?
    09-05-08 03:04 PM
    run a one-way sync from your device to your Outlook calendar.
    09-05-08 08:10 PM
    Well, 2 days later and several forum reads... I discovered the solution which worked for me... Reinstalled MS outlook 2000, installed desktop manager version 4.2 SP2 and that worked. I screwed with registry entries, redid a mapi... everything. only thing that worked was this.
    09-07-08 12:15 PM
    I have run a one way sync from the device to the outlokk, No luck. I have returned the phone and received a brand new one, No Luck. I have unistalled and then reinstalled the desktop manager, No luck.
    09-08-08 03:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD