I have a BB curve 8330. I was trying to figure out how to rename the icons on the 'desktop.'

For example, my 'pushed' outlook email icon is indentified only by the actual email address on my BB desktop.

I would like it to say something like "OUTLOOK EMAIL," instead of my email address.

Is there a way to also change the look of the individual icons ?
    thanks for any help !!

Jason.
    10-11-08 12:00 PM
    I don't believe you can change the name of the icons. As far as changing the look of the icons, that would involve using a custom theme.
    10-11-08 12:28 PM
    I don't believe you can change the name of the icons. As far as changing the look of the icons, that would involve using a custom theme.
    The themes are available by going to 'options,' then 'themes?'

Looks like I have 5 to choose from, but I believe when you choose a theme it changes all the icons, not just a specific icon ?

Do you know of a way to change just 1 or 2 specific icons ?

thanks!

Jason
    10-11-08 01:18 PM
    The themes are available by going to 'options,' then 'themes?'

Looks like I have 5 to choose from, but I believe when you choose a theme it changes all the icons, not just a specific icon ?

Do you know of a way to change just 1 or 2 specific icons ?

thanks!

Jason
    Not without creating a custom theme and setting it up the way you want it
    10-11-08 01:22 PM
    The email icons and their names are generated by the BlackBerry Internet Service and the names cannot be changed.
    10-11-08 02:28 PM
    You can easily change the names of E-Mail account icons through BIS.

Log into your BIS, click edit on the email account you want to change, and in the field that says "Email account name" chnage it to whatever you want the icon to display as.
    10-11-08 03:07 PM
    You can easily change the names of E-Mail account icons through BIS.

Log into your BIS, click edit on the email account you want to change, and in the field that says "Email account name" chnage it to whatever you want the icon to display as.
    Wow, I never noticed that before, but it does appear you can rename an email account. Great info!

About email address names
    10-11-08 03:23 PM
    There is an app 'changeIt' you can change icons and also rename them.
    08-24-13 01:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD