I have the birthdays of a bunch of people put into the phonebook on my BB curve. I wanted to know if there is any way to be reminded of the person's birthday a day or so in advance.

If it's not in the OS then is there a program that does that?
    07-30-08 08:44 AM
    Wow - another Yankee fan with the exact same question I asked yesterday, but I got no replies at all. I also am looking for a nice 'reminder' program for birthdays, anniversaries, etc. You can always enter the birthday into the contact list and this will automatically create a recurring event in the calendar which you can setup how much in advance you are reminded. Only downside is this requires you to create a contact entry for every single person you want to be reminded for.

There must be a decent program out there that is meant just for this purpose.
    07-30-08 08:48 AM
    Wow - another Yankee fan with the exact same question I asked yesterday, but I got no replies at all. I also am looking for a nice 'reminder' program for birthdays, anniversaries, etc. You can always enter the birthday into the contact list and this will automatically create a recurring event in the calendar which you can setup how much in advance you are reminded. Only downside is this requires you to create a contact entry for every single person you want to be reminded for.

There must be a decent program out there that is meant just for this purpose.
    haha what are the odds?

yeah i thought about putting the birthdays into the calendar too but not sure how much i want to do that. this seems like a simple program.
    07-30-08 08:52 AM
    I know a system that will do something like this but it involves sending (real) greeting cards from your computer - which may be more than you are looking for. It's not designed for bb but it can email you birthday reminders. I can't post the link here but you can pm me for it.
    Last edited by dawnmo; 07-30-08 at 09:11 AM.
    07-30-08 09:00 AM
    I know a system that will do something like this but it involves sending (real) greeting cards from your computer - which may be more than you are looking for. I can't post the link here but you can pm me for it.
    that's a bit much. i just want something that reads through my phonebook and grabs the birthdays from there. then notifies me with a reminder a day or two before someone's birthday.
    07-30-08 09:03 AM
    Outlook has a spot for birthdays and anniverseries.

Reminders then show up, just like everthing else, on blackberry.
    07-30-08 09:20 AM
    Outlook has a spot for birthdays and anniverseries.

Reminders then show up, just like everthing else, on blackberry.
    and how do i sync outlook to get the birthdays from my phonebook?
    07-30-08 09:32 AM
    I didn't know outlook would send birthday reminders...I need to figure out how that works. I need to see if Outlook 2000 can do it (actually I need to upgrade my Outlook )
    07-30-08 09:36 AM
    You don't have to use Outlook....you can also enter birthdays and anniversaries directly in the BB Contact list (although I think this depends on which version of the OS you have). I have version 4.3 and I can enter them....but like I said before, this means I have to enter a separate contact entry for every single person I want to have a birthday reminder pop-up.
    07-30-08 09:55 AM
    i upgraded to os 4.5.0.55 and there's a section where you could add the person's bday in their contact info and it'll automatically link it to your calendar..

ive been running this os for a few days and i havnt seen any problems with it at all.. not like the one from italy..
    07-30-08 10:04 AM
    i upgraded to os 4.5.0.55 and there's a section where you could add the person's bday in their contact info and it'll automatically link it to your calendar..

ive been running this os for a few days and i havnt seen any problems with it at all.. not like the one from italy..
    ix did you have to do anything else to get it to link to your calendar? I have birthdays for my contacts and am running .55 as well and it doesnt link to my calendar automatically. Just curious if you have to do anything else or if it should do it automatically.

Thanks
    07-30-08 10:39 AM
    Why not just add the important dates into the calander and set the reminder time to a few days prior. Set it as an all day event and it'll come up on your calander and you'll have it "remind" you a few days in advance.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-30-08 11:22 AM
    ix did you have to do anything else to get it to link to your calendar? I have birthdays for my contacts and am running .55 as well and it doesnt link to my calendar automatically. Just curious if you have to do anything else or if it should do it automatically.

Thanks
    One thing I found was that if I entered the birthday directly into the BB Contact list it would automatically create a recurring event in the calendar, but if I added the birthday in my Outlook contact list and synced it with the BB, there was NO RECURRING CALENDAR EVENT.
    07-30-08 11:40 AM
    One thing I found was that if I entered the birthday directly into the BB Contact list it would automatically create a recurring event in the calendar, but if I added the birthday in my Outlook contact list and synced it with the BB, there was NO RECURRING CALENDAR EVENT.
    Thanks I will try that.
    07-30-08 11:49 AM
    I have the 8830 and this birthday reminder works for me.
    07-30-08 01:19 PM
    You can set calendar events to notify you as far as one week in advance. I love BBs calendar. It is much better than the calendar I had on my palm T5.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-31-08 12:16 AM
    I am running 4.5.0.55 and just tried adding a birthday to a BB contact and nothing appeared on my calendar.

Obviously the same happened to birthday entries imported from my PC address book (Lotus Notes) which synchronized to the correct field in BB contacts but do not appear on the calendar.
    08-20-08 05:42 PM
    I second whoever said just add it directly in the calendar. In there it gives you the option of making it a recurring event, and you can choose how far in advance you want to be reminded.

I dunno, works great for me. Simple too.
    08-20-08 06:06 PM
    I have the same problem, have you worked it out?
    05-04-09 08:57 AM
    I have the same problem, have you worked it out?
    Looking for help as well...
    05-14-09 07:57 AM
    An interesting thing I learned about Google Sync is it is set to sync events but has a default for how long to keep events and how far in advance to show events. For example, if you use GS and check out someone's birthday three months from now, it is probably synced to your Google Calendar, but pulled off of your blackberry calendar. There is a setting in there somewhere to change it. I think I have mine set to 90 days now. It was driving me crazy because I was trying to set calendar reminders for a few months in advance and they were immediately disappearing from my BB upon sync.
    05-14-09 10:19 AM
    Help anybody?
    05-22-09 08:23 AM
    I am running 4.5.0.55 and just tried adding a birthday to a BB contact and nothing appeared on my calendar.

Obviously the same happened to birthday entries imported from my PC address book (Lotus Notes) which synchronized to the correct field in BB contacts but do not appear on the calendar.
    i'm having sort of a similar problem. however mine is a bit diff. once i add someone's birthday it does add it to the calendar. however, if i decide to edit that person's contact info, i get a messaging saying "this has been modified remotely" or somesuch and says changes will not take place. of course the change is accepted eventually (like adding an email) but then the calendar entry for that birthday is gone. so it seems like once you modify the address entry for that person, it takes that person out of your calendar for some reason. why is that?
    05-23-09 02:05 AM
    i was trying to give yal a Video tutorial to show you exactly how to syc your outlook calender for reminders without creating a new address entry but it wouldnt let me add a link
    02-15-10 11:04 AM
    acually naw imma just take the time & type it out.

c/program files/ microsoft outlook/1033/outlook.hol
    if it dont have the extention just put the cursor over it & it'll say Microsoft office Outlook Holidays.
    Click on the file & check the 1s you want reminders for...there u go. hope that helped someone
    02-15-10 11:11 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD