I'm working on a 8310 from AT&T and I'm trying to figure out if there is a way to delete several pictures without wiping the device. I'm 95% sure you can't do this on the device but I figured I would see if I'm just missing something that some else has found. Thanks.
    04-17-09 09:15 AM
    I just tried & couldn't come up with anyway to delete multiples other than connecting to a PC. If you have the option I'd recommend doing that, connect it to your computer & delete them that way rather than wiping your device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-17-09 09:22 AM
    i agree with the patriot fan but am not 100% sure if it will work the same if the pictures are on phone memory rather than a media card.
    04-17-09 09:31 AM
    yeah that is what I was looking at. The owner of this device saved them on the device memory but I mean it should still read as a removable disc so I'll try that. I'm a Storm user so I'm not 100% familiar with the 8310s
    04-17-09 09:39 AM
    Let us know how you made out. I dont have my data cable here or i would try it out.
    04-17-09 09:42 AM
    Hey everyone, just got back in my office & connected my Curve to my computer, it only seems to recognize the memory card when in USB mode. I didn't try using Desktop Manager but I know that you can access device memory that way so that may be an option, IF you can connect to a computer. Just wanted to let everyone know what I found out.
    04-17-09 10:24 AM
    I'm working on a 8310 from AT&T and I'm trying to figure out if there is a way to delete several pictures without wiping the device. I'm 95% sure you can't do this on the device but I figured I would see if I'm just missing something that some else has found. Thanks.
    Using the device only, you are able to delete them individually from Media Center or with Explore.

When you connect to a computer, the media card is accessible by the computer, but not device memory.

In order to access device memory, and delete multiple files, you will need to install Roxio Media Manager. The Media Manager is an optional part of the BlackBerry Desktop Software package.

In practice, you will only be doing in once. That hardly justifies the time and resources needed for the Media Manager package.
    04-17-09 11:12 AM
    or... you can download the trial for file manager pro at the crackberry software store, go to the folders where the pictures are, hold shift and move the trackball down so you mass select them -> delete, done xd
    04-17-09 11:49 AM
    It's easier to do it from the computer anyway. Just click my computer, then then whichever drive your curve is, on mine it's drive J. Then go to pictures and click thumbnail view and you can see which ones they are.
    04-17-09 01:01 PM
    If they are in the phones memory then there can't be more than a couple dozen of them on there. Why can't you delete them 1 by 1?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-17-09 05:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD