to block a particular number from calling your phone? I have one number that calls me 2 or 3 times a week, sometimes more often and then when I answer it hoping I can tell them to leave me the h#^^#^ alone, not interested in what they are selling, there is no one. It is very aggravating.
    07-31-09 09:25 AM
    did you try googling the number to see what comes up in results? perhaps you're not the only one being bothered by this "person". i would recommend checking out to see if you can round up some contact info
    07-31-09 09:28 AM
    I'm pretty sure you can only block numbers with an app like YouMail or Google Voice. Lots of cool features with gv. I've been using it for about a week now on my 8310, but haven't spread my number out very far yet. YouMail charged for transcription service but it's free with google voice, so if someone leaves you a voicemail you can either hear it or read it. I love that.
    07-31-09 09:36 AM
    to block a particular number from calling your phone? I have one number that calls me 2 or 3 times a week, sometimes more often and then when I answer it hoping I can tell them to leave me the h#^^#^ alone, not interested in what they are selling, there is no one. It is very aggravating.
    try calling your carrier, some not all carriers will block 5 numbers or more for free
    07-31-09 09:37 AM
    I have a family plan with Tmobile and there is something called family allowances. With that you can block phone numbers from calling your phone. So there is definitely a way to do it. Call your service provider and ask.
    07-31-09 02:41 PM
    I dont think there is a built in way to do it, you can try a program like Black & Whitelist. Defn a feature that should be built in to the OS
    07-31-09 03:38 PM
    try calling your carrier, some not all carriers will block 5 numbers or more for free
    ya carriers can for sure do this...I know a friend who did it before on Rogers...but you have to have the actual number..the rep I talked to said they cant block 'unknown' calls
    07-31-09 03:55 PM
    doing the firewall thing with the messages i do believe will only block messages...not calls..
    call your carrier and ask..i know with verizon you are able to block up to 5 numbers from calling but with alltel you cannot...

as for unknown numbers....probably not going to happen unless there is a way to block all incoming calls that aren't in your address book...and i do believe there is not a way to do that on bb...

i could be wrong but that's just what i would do...

=)
    07-31-09 04:12 PM
    Use CallsBlock. It's an awesome program, integrates into your phone's menu system.
    You can select a missed call in your call log, hit BB Menu, and add to blocked call list.
    CallsBlocker | Personal Productivity BlackBerry Software
    07-31-09 04:41 PM
    Let me retract that. It only works on the BB Storm, according to the Specs.
    I see you have a Curve. Sorry for the confusion.
    07-31-09 04:42 PM
    I use Cerberus Call Filter on my Curve to block calls...also unknown and private calls too.

I also use YouMail to "ditch" the caller so they can't leave a VM.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-31-09 04:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD