My sisters phone still has v4.3.0.127
    is there an upgrade OTA? i cant seem to find the (wireless update) in advance options. also cant find send service books! can someone help me on how to update this 8330 to its current OS through Sprint. please thank you!
    05-26-10 11:58 PM
    I dont think any carriers surport it. The best way is desktop manager

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-27-10 02:10 AM
    My Verizon 8330 has a wireless upgrade link under OPTIONS-ADVANCED OPTIONS, last option on bottom of the list. Might be the same for Sprint? Worth a shot. Upgraded both my wife and my phones this way. The other option is through desktop manager.
    05-27-10 02:23 AM
    Wireless Upgrade comes into play after you manually upgrade to a 4.5 OS. 4.3 didn't have it available, mine showed up after I added 4.5.0.131 through a tethered OS update. That was the earliest for Sprint. You can also manually update to 4.5.0.186 and get the option. Sounds like she has an ESN Curve, so that would also give her MMS, which is available on 4.5, also. Sending is normal, but receiving comes via a Picturemail link.

05-27-10 03:23 AM
    Wireless Upgrade comes into play after you manually upgrade to a 4.5 OS. 4.3 didn't have it available, mine showed up after I added 4.5.0.131 through a tethered OS update. That was the earliest for Sprint. You can also manually update to 4.5.0.186 and get the option. Sounds like she has an ESN Curve, so that would also give her MMS, which is available on 4.5, also. Sending is normal, but receiving comes via a Picturemail link.

bergerking< you are so right about my sis's issue on her BB. she is having all of that issues on hr phone. do i still need to use DM or could i just use apploader? by the way Thank you for your quick response.
    05-27-10 11:25 AM
    bergerking< you are so right about my sis's issue on her BB. she is having all of that issues on hr phone. do i still need to use DM or could i just use apploader? by the way Thank you for your quick response.
    Use the DM. Here's a thread on upgrading that can be helpful.

If you load the Sprint Official OS from their website, instructions are included also. Make sure that whichever version you select, it is meant to be installed on the ESN and not the MEID Curve. They aren't compatible.

05-27-10 01:55 PM
    Use the DM. Here's a thread on upgrading that can be helpful.

If you load the Sprint Official OS from their website, instructions are included also. Make sure that whichever version you select, it is meant to be installed on the ESN and not the MEID Curve. They aren't compatible.

Thanks bergerking!
    05-28-10 12:22 AM
    It's a good thing people like BK kea and are helpful.

Maybe later you will have a change of heart and change your screen name to aikea.
    05-28-10 12:34 AM
    Surprisingly enough, I was given that exact same thread when I went to do an upgrade for the first time. Having had almost no reAl computer experience, I used it to upgrade 3 BlackBerrys in a couple of hours or so. It is nice to have the resources to reference that are so helpful.

Now Chris tears things apart and does all kindd of outlandish things with his devices (xlide) and can chapter and verse things that I only mess with occasionally.

I hope things go smoothly for you, and remember, once you begin, don't disconnect anything until it tells you it's finished. If you do, it's time for
    05-28-10 12:47 AM
    I'd make teh bigger jump (if you have a non MEID phone) and go to OS 5 / nathanix. Sprint 8330 runs great on it.
    05-28-10 01:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD