I did a search, I really did... and after reading about iTunes having DRM on their downloads and not working in a BB without scrubbing the files etc, i am wondering if there is a website that I can buy songs that will work in my Curve without spending all day converting files.
    Unfortunately everything I have on Napster is fried for the BB, they won't play, and from what I have read, it looks as if songs from iTunes are going to require some sort of conversion.

Surely there's a place where I can purchase some tunes and load them right from the PC to the BB?????????????????

Thanks,

Sorry if this is a dumb question but I have searched quite a few online music stores and none seem to list any Blackberry as a supported device.

08-19-07 11:12 PM
    I take it you've been, here?
    08-20-07 06:37 AM
    Ok dumb question but is a ringtone the same thing as a full track?
    Or is it just a 30 second clip to use for when yr phone rings?
    08-20-07 09:17 AM
    A ringtone is just that, a 'part' of a track / song. It really depends on who made it. I know some people that have an ENTIRE SONG as a ringtone. Why on earth would anyone want that?

Anyway, more ringtones are about 10-15 seconds long, or shorter...
    08-20-07 09:27 AM
    A ringtone is just that, a 'part' of a track / song. It really depends on who made it. I know some people that have an ENTIRE SONG as a ringtone. Why on earth would anyone want that?

Anyway, more ringtones are about 10-15 seconds long, or shorter...
    Ok thanks but thats not what I am looking for. I want to download tunes for my mp3 player on my BB.
    08-20-07 10:03 AM
    Hi,

I am having the same problem finding any site that works with the curve for downloadable music like used on Napster/Rhapsody/Yahoo To Go.

Does anyone have a solution of how we could get Napster music to work with the Curve?
    09-02-07 10:46 AM
    MyxerTones :: Ringtones from your music! ---register with an e-mail address, it's free. All you do is upload the song, customize the part you would like as your ringtone. As in, you pick a start time of when the chorus may be 45secs in and set the duration as 30seconds and submit it. It then sends a text message to your phone, you click get link, and then download it and save it to your phone, which in turn stores it in your ringtones section and you can then set it as your ringtone. It works great I use it all the time with my Limewire music.
    09-02-07 10:54 PM
    I misunderstood, if you just want music transferred--do you have a media card? Should be able to transfer it though Desktop Manager. But for ringtones Myxertones is the best bet I've found.
    09-02-07 11:03 PM
    I misunderstood, if you just want music transferred--do you have a media card? Should be able to transfer it though Desktop Manager. But for ringtones Myxertones is the best bet I've found.
    How can you have a desktop manager for a mac user? All I can get to show up is the pocketmac sync. Is my music player useless because that is how I'm starting to feel. How do I get music on my curve??
    09-04-07 01:38 PM
    How can you have a desktop manager for a mac user? All I can get to show up is the pocketmac sync. Is my music player useless because that is how I'm starting to feel. How do I get music on my curve??

I finally figured this one out.... any non protected mp3 will play on the BB.
    WMA files will not play on BB which means Napster tunes will not work.
    The tunes downloaded from iTunes will play on my BB.

The only thing is that the mp3 files can't be protected.

I now have a decent selection on music on my Curve.

I also don't use the media manager, I just drop my mp3 files from the computer onto the media card by using "My Computer" then selecting the "Removable Disk" option, (which is your media card once it is plugged into your computer)
    The Media manager takes way too long to load on my computer and is somewhat redundant in my opinion.
    09-04-07 02:37 PM
    I finally figured this one out.... any non protected mp3 will play on the BB.
    WMA files will not play on BB which means Napster tunes will not work.
    The tunes downloaded from iTunes will play on my BB.

The only thing is that the mp3 files can't be protected.

I now have a decent selection on music on my Curve.

I also don't use the media manager, I just drop my mp3 files from the computer onto the media card by using "My Computer" then selecting the "Removable Disk" option, (which is your media card once it is plugged into your computer)
    The Media manager takes way too long to load on my computer and is somewhat redundant in my opinion.

If I'm understanding what your saying... your not using a mac computer system?
    09-05-07 01:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD