I'm very dissapointed because my l.e.d light seems to have a time limit as to when it stops blinking for an unread sms/email... I wanted to know if this is happening to all the berries out there - is it adjustable or is it something that cannot be fixed

I have a curve 8330 and I purchased it a few weeks ago - some nights I would see a blinking red light that has been blinking for a few hours, sometimes it seems to shut off
    08-13-09 09:56 PM
    It only blinks for a while, then stops. You need a 3rd party app if you want it to blink till you take action on the notification.

I don't use any, but I'm sure others will chime in on what is available and what works.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-13-09 10:04 PM
    Yes the red blink light will shut off after 2 hours i think it is. Or at least it seems that way on mine.

I am assuming it does that to conserve battery, they figure if you havnt looked at it in 2 hours chances are will pickup phone to check anyways. This is what i am guessing.
    08-13-09 10:06 PM
    I thought some notifications are as short as 5 - 15 minutes?

08-13-09 10:11 PM
    It only blinks for a while, then stops. You need a 3rd party app if you want it to blink till you take action on the notification.

I don't use any, but I'm sure others will chime in on what is available and what works.

Thanks for your reply... How do I go about find 3rd party apps???
    08-13-09 10:53 PM
    You can search here. I would but about to hit the sack. Search for notificator light changing app or something similar on google.com. If by morning no luck I will find you one but for now I need my sleep.

08-13-09 11:43 PM
    I'm surprised no one has suggested some apps. Try checking out BBLight.

08-13-09 11:45 PM
    Thank you both for your helpful responses... hopefully, I will find something; but, nonetheless, thanks anyways

(I hope I find it)
    08-13-09 11:47 PM
    Try Berry buzz. I think it's in the bb apps. Store. Great little app. Costing very little. Controls different lights for diff.notificartions and different tones. Gives you lots of flexibility. I have it and is one app worth paying for.
    I'm very disappointed because my l.e.d light seems to have a time limit as to when it stops blinking for an unread sms/email... I wanted to know if this is happening to all the berries out there - is it adjustable or is it something that cannot be fixed

I have a curve 8330 and I purchased it a few weeks ago - some nights I would see a blinking red light that has been blinking for a few hours, sometimes it seems to shut off
    08-14-09 01:27 AM
    I thought some notifications are as short as 5 - 15 minutes?

i believe its 15 minutes. then it goes back to green from red if left unchecked.
    08-14-09 04:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD