I have a Sprint 8320 and have to force my phone into roam frequently. When I force the roam I have to open the connections part and change from Automatic to Roam and save the settings. However the phone will stay on the Sprint network unless I turn off the radio, either by turning off the radio or turning it off. I think this is because it still gets a weak signal and stays. I am wondering if there is a way to force the roam without turning off the radio. Im curious because sometimes when I turn off the radio I have to wait a min or so and put the phone down and forget to turn it back on, and my phone is in an otterbox so battery pull makes me remove the otterbox. Is there a way to do this easier or a program out there to help? Thanks
    08-27-08 01:10 AM
    Hmmm. I'm not sure I understand your problem. First of all, Sprint offers the 8330; TMo offers the 8320. Which carrier do you have?
    08-27-08 09:54 AM
    I do not fully understand what you are trying to do.

Here is what I understand.

You are a T-Mobile (a GSM carrier) customer. This means that wherever you go within your home country (you do not say where you are from) your phone services will always be provided by T-Mobile. There is no exception to this.

If you leave your home country then roaming may begin if your contract with T-Mobile permits this. Now you may choose amongst several GSM carriers but you will probably get a better rate from T-Mobile in the new country.

There is little point is roaming in your home country because the SIM card will always work with T-Mobile because it is a T-Mobile SIM.
    08-27-08 10:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD