I just got my blackberry curve for christmas and I would like to install some new themes on it. I have put in the cd that came with the phone and installed the software that it supplied. I then downloaded a theme from this website and tried to install it on the phone by going to application loader and clicking on the .alx file. When I do this though an error message pops up that says "No additional applications designed for your device were found"

What I have attempted to do to fix the problem:

So far I have uninstalled the device software and reinstalled it, updating the operating system on the blackberry to v4.3.

The device manager software is still the software that the blackberry cd supplied. I am unaware on how to check the version but I know it was purchased new from best buy about a month before christmas.

If anyone can inform me of what I need to do in order to install a theme, i would be extremely great full.
    12-27-08 08:31 PM
    go to options/about. That will tell you what OS you have. Are you sure the theme you downloaded is for your specific device? Make sure that the OS the theme is for is what you have on your device.
    12-27-08 08:49 PM
    or you can always find the theme's .jad file and email that to your berry address, open it and download that theme on your berry, always works for me!
    12-27-08 10:58 PM
    the os is 4.3 as well
    12-28-08 03:22 AM
    yes that works for .jad files but bradlys has .alx files for use on desktop. Are you sure the theme isnt made for 4.5 OS? Most are these days. Exactly what theme is in question? I will look and see if its right for you.
    12-28-08 08:07 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f126/ne...8330-a-111332/
    Last edited by Bradlays; 12-28-08 at 10:31 AM.
    12-28-08 10:26 AM
    I updated the os to 4.5 and it is still giving me the same error. I am now going to try and install a newer version of the desktop manager and see if that makes a difference.
    12-28-08 03:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD