Sorry for all the dumb questions but i'm a first time BB user so i'm still getting the hang of it.

On my old phone, if i was talking to someone and i got a text message, i could reply to it while still being on the phone. Can my BB do that or do i need to hang up, text, and call back?
    07-31-09 10:39 PM
    You can text while still being on the phone.
    07-31-09 10:59 PM
    How do you text while still being on the phone?
    08-01-09 12:44 AM
    phone is capable but not all networks. While on a call hit the back button and you should get a prompt to go to home screen, then messages and text away
    08-01-09 12:49 AM
    Post above has it right. Exit back to home screen. Then you can send texts.
    The only thing that doesn't work (at least with my 8320 on tmo) is data services while on a call.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-01-09 01:35 AM
    Sorry to threadjack but on my old phone it beeped when I got a message during a call. I double checked the settings and didn't see an option for that. Is it possible? Thanks

08-02-09 11:35 AM
    Sorry to threadjack but on my old phone it beeped when I got a message during a call. I double checked the settings and didn't see an option for that. Is it possible? Thanks

As far as I know the phone won't alert you to texts while you're making a call
    08-02-09 01:09 PM
    Go to profiles-advanced select the profile you want it on for go down to sms text then at the bottom select notify me during calls to on.

forkup
    08-02-09 02:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD