Every now and again when I send a text message to someone I get the big red X symbol (meaning that the message couldn't be transferred).

This is really irritating especially when myself/the receiver requires an urgent response and my phone says that it has a 3G signal (heck, A signal) to begin with. Removing the battery always solves this issue but it doesn't prevent this from happening again.

Am I the only person who has experienced this? Thanks.

P.S. My network provider is Virgin (UK), who use T-mobile's signal.
    03-05-11 01:45 PM
    I have the same problem some times, aspecially with my torch. I would have 5 bars + 3G and it would still do this. a battery pull never worked, i would just have to wait but it's annoying.
    03-05-11 01:51 PM
    I've personally never experienced this. Does it give you any specific reason for not sending it? Is it the same every time? Have you ever had any problems not getting messages from others?
    03-06-11 12:47 PM
    Other than the red X nothing.

I assume that I can still receive messages as I'm usually quick to reply (and it's only after this when I discover this issue).

Even when resending it still won't transfer unless I remove the battery first before trying again.
    03-06-11 01:36 PM
    Have you contacted your provider? Problems with SMS are almost always provider-related.
    03-06-11 01:39 PM
    in mobile network option, in network mode choose 2G. hope it helps!
    03-07-11 11:02 AM
    I have the exact same problem with random shutdowns of text messages on my Torch. Have to pull the battery to be able to send any messages. It's happening daily now and is very annoying. What is causing this and how do I make it stop?
    08-25-11 11:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD