I have a 8330 Curve and I have a issue that I hope someone can help me out with. I recently learned that people have been texting me, and the messages have been going to a different person. I called and verified that they had the correct number and have had more than one complaint on this issue. I called*228 reprogrammed the phone did a battery pull etc... Wondering if anyone else has had this problem. I am with verizon, and of course when I called them and knew more than they did. So please if anyone has any suggestions lemme know thanx!!!
    Last edited by thearmybouncer; 03-31-09 at 01:41 PM.
    03-31-09 01:17 PM
    this is scary...
    03-31-09 01:27 PM
    Is it more than one number texting you?

Have you changed providers recently?
    03-31-09 01:33 PM
    multiple people going to this other person, wierd thing though sometimes I will actually get the text message on my phone. And then other times they will call me and say some other dude responded saying that they got the wrong number. Same provider..
    03-31-09 01:35 PM
    My boyfriend had an issue with something similar to this except that it was just his calls. It turned out that somehow in all the maintenance our carrier was doing all his calls were being forwarded to a friend of a friend. Had to call Alltel twice and have them fix it. I say call your carrier and ask them to fix.
    03-31-09 01:35 PM
    Doesn't sound like it would be a call divert, as they don't have any bearing on text messages. Your BF had an " unconditional divert" set up on his phone, which would permantly transfer all incoming calls to the diverted number. You can actually type a code into your phone to cancel that.
    03-31-09 01:37 PM
    multiple people going to this other person, wierd thing though sometimes I will actually get the text message on my phone. And then other times they will call me and say some other dude responded saying that they got the wrong number. Same provider..
    Wow, so your number hasn't ported provider's recently either.

I would call your provider up, ask them to view all the incoming messages to your phone. They should have a system which allows them to see all incoming and outgoing texts to and from your number, it also tells them if your phone has accepted the message. They will be able to see whats happening to the texts and where they are ending up. I know this is basic, but have you tried a " manual roam" on your handset? where you select another provider then re-select your provider to update your connection?
    03-31-09 01:41 PM
    Yeah I updated everything with no results.
    03-31-09 01:42 PM
    Defo call them bro, sounds like its a network issue more than anything your end. They might ask you to try your sim card in another phone and see if the same issue occurs there, sometimes it helps them narrow down where the problem is.
    03-31-09 01:49 PM
    Hey thanx for all the suggestions I finally got it fixed, the problem had something to do with Verizon's service.
    04-03-09 11:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD