I just got a new curve 8350i and can send texts but not recieve ne ... Is there something I can do
    03-05-09 07:12 PM
    I just got a new curve 8350i and can send texts but not recieve ne ... Is there something I can do
    Spend a little time reading this forum. It's been covered no less than a dozen times.
    You'll need to discover how to check your software version, and upgrade it if needed. All the information you seek is in this forum.

Good Luck
    03-05-09 07:40 PM
    u might have to resend your service books

options --> advanced options --> host routing table, press the blackberry button and scroll to REGISTER NOW....

wait a few minutes and you should be able to send and receive texts
    03-05-09 08:16 PM
    I trued registering it and nada... Is there any other options
    03-05-09 09:30 PM
    I trued registering it and nada... Is there any other options
    Have you checked your OS version like heckufaguy asked?
    03-05-09 09:48 PM
    Im having the same problem of not being able to receive any texts, and also I cannot access the internet browser. Got the 8350 on 12/22/08 and it worked pretty good up until 2/26/09. (only problems Ive had since day 1 is that all my incoming texts come up just the phone number, not the corresponding names stored in my contacts)
    I have updated OS and have v4.6.1.128, I have tried multiple times resending the service books and host routing table, pulling out the battery (both with the CS rep on the phone and while reading these forums) all to no avail, not even temporarily. Went through all the settings with the rep and everything was what she said it should be. She sent me several test messages and I didnt get any of them, nor the ones i have other people send me, and still cant access internet.
    Ive spent hours reading through the forums and havent been able to find anything that gets my phone to work! Im happy so hear that MR2 is in the works, but am I stuck until then?
    Also, anyone know how to get my contact names to start showing up on incoming texts once they do start working?
    Oh by the way Im in las vegas and have full service with "NXTL" almost everywhere so poor service shouldnt be a problem
    03-06-09 12:04 AM
    Sorry if you have already looked at this stuff but some places to look might be:

options -> mobile network -> Data Services (set to on)
    options -> status -> verify you have a good IP address (?? just reaching on that one)
    I just hit espn and looking at my IP it shows 0.0.0.0 for the IP but it does display an external IP.

Good Luck
    03-06-09 12:21 AM
    Im having the same problem of not being able to receive any texts, and also I cannot access the internet browser. Got the 8350 on 12/22/08 and it worked pretty good up until 2/26/09. (only problems Ive had since day 1 is that all my incoming texts come up just the phone number, not the corresponding names stored in my contacts)
    I have updated OS and have v4.6.1.128, I have tried multiple times resending the service books and host routing table, pulling out the battery (both with the CS rep on the phone and while reading these forums) all to no avail, not even temporarily. Went through all the settings with the rep and everything was what she said it should be. She sent me several test messages and I didnt get any of them, nor the ones i have other people send me, and still cant access internet.
    Ive spent hours reading through the forums and havent been able to find anything that gets my phone to work! Im happy so hear that MR2 is in the works, but am I stuck until then?
    Also, anyone know how to get my contact names to start showing up on incoming texts once they do start working?
    Oh by the way Im in las vegas and have full service with "NXTL" almost everywhere so poor service shouldnt be a problem
    not that it's an acceptable excuse, but networks do go down.
    I called nextel one time, told them their voicemail system was not letting me in, just ringing, then not responding appropriately if I tried to call it.
    They of course gave me their masterful 'look of confusion over the phone' response, but within 10 minutes it was working.
    Let us know if it starts working, I firmly believe sometimes when they know it's their issue they deny any issues, and silently fix them.
    03-06-09 03:16 AM
    Bosinator.......I just posted a similar story in the .128 problem thread. It does not sound like BB support knows what's going on. First she tried selling me the "national outage" bit, but in the end I could hear a lady in the backround tell her it has to be something with my account. Issue was never resolved, surprising I know. I am supposed to get a call back today to continue this headache.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-06-09 09:12 AM
    Made some progress. Turns out they changed my plan from the simply everything to the biz essentials plan which doesnt include data... not sure how but they did it to 4 of the 8350i phones in the company... Im able to use the internet again but now all my incoming mms are coming in with just the date, time and text, no clue who it is from, not even their number (i tried to link to another thread with pics of this example but it wont let me since im new)
    this was never a problem before and it sounds like the other guy replaced the phone and it still did it. fantastic
    03-06-09 05:16 PM
    Hey i just got mine working i guess it takes a day or so to register, but to my suprise sprint finally agreed that this phone has a major bug .... So they said look for "another" update mid march
    03-06-09 08:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD