Hello,

I am hoping someone out there can help me setup tethering for my 8520 with T-Mobile?

I called T-mobile up a couple of days ago to see if I could tether with my 8520 and they said I could with the add-on tether plan ($15). I am currently running the latest Desktop Software (6.1.0.35) but I'm still not able to connect. I have T-Mobile US selected as the carrier profile within Desktop Software. When I click to connect I receive the following error:

Failed to start Mobile Internet

There was a connection error.

Please check your profile settings and make sure your radio is turned on. This service might also have been turned off by your wireless service provider or your administrator.

My radio is turned on and I can access the internet on my phone without any issues.
    I just called T-mobile today and they told me that the phone is capable but not supported then sent me over to RIM. My question is...is there something I need to setup in Windows (I'm currently running Vista) to sort of force this to happen? I also notice if I add a custom carrier profile in the Desktop Software it doesn't show up in the list?? Is this perhaps a Desktop Software issue? If you need any other information regarding my situation, please let me know. Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.
    11-16-11 01:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD