Need a life line here!
    Been trying to tether my phone with my mac without success but no success I've searched and searched and I tried all kinds tweaks but nothing seems to work. I've also added the RIM modem scripts and the only configurations were for 8100, 8700, 8800. I tried to configure for "Other" but it's not availible on the pull down menu.

Anyone out there have the same problems?
    09-22-09 07:18 PM
    I have the same problem, but i'm not sure what caused it. I have recently updated the blackberry software & upgraded my Mac to 10.6 and something has made my 8830 (sprint) not able to tether. Prior to doing these updates, everything worked great.

Any help out there?
    09-30-09 08:12 PM
    mine works fine with 10.6 macbook pro

you have two options:
    a. use Blackberry Desktop Manager for Mac and it installs the modem script for you to tether via USB

b. pair your phone with your mac via bluetooth and create a BT DUN connection

either option works fine for me using Sprint 8330 BES w/ PAM included
    10-01-09 12:06 AM
    also i read another thread about sprint cutting off access to tether if your are not paying for PAM or if its not included in your plan.

soo that could be the problem if you know you have all the settings correct on your mac
    10-01-09 12:08 AM
    also i read another thread about sprint cutting off access to tether if your are not paying for PAM or if its not included in your plan.

soo that could be the problem if you know you have all the settings correct on your mac
    Yep! If you don't have an older grandfathered plan w/the added tethering option, Sprint has found a way to block our BB's from being tether using SprintView or even setting up a DUN using #777 as the dial in number. Best bet would be to purchase Tetherberry (1/2 off right now on Crackberry.com using code 'tberry50' until 10/2).
    10-01-09 08:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD