I've poked around here as well as other forums and Google. No joy finding out if there's a BB function or add-on that will temporarily turn the numeric keypad into a phone keypad, or at least a display that shows which letters are associated with each number. Am I the only one who occasionally needs to spell names when calling a corporate number without knowing the extension?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-16-08 10:15 PM
    Press alt then the desired letter to type vanity numbers.

09-16-08 10:16 PM
    [QUOTE=jenaywins;728614]Press alt then the desired letter to type vanity numbers.

Hmmm� Not sure I get what you"re saying. I just want to spell a name using the keypad. Like "jen" would be 536 on a telephone keypad. Pressing ALT and a letter just types the alternate character for that letter.

09-16-08 10:24 PM
    For example....toy type 1-800-SLEEPYS

you type 1-800, then hold alt and type "sleepys" and it will automatically dial the appropriate numbers (1-9)
    09-16-08 10:28 PM
    you press alt and the actual letter not the number that represents the letter on a regular keypad
    09-16-08 10:29 PM
    If you hold the alt and the shift key, it will set the number lock and the number pad will just punch numbers. then hit the shift hey to turn it back off when done

Kevin
    09-16-08 10:30 PM
    How to dial numbers like 1-800-BEST-BUY - It's in the tips and how to section of the forums. I'd post the link but I'm on WAP and don't know how.

09-16-08 10:35 PM
    Thanks to you both. Brain hernia here� it helps when you're actually in dial mode! :-)
    I knew RIM would have an elegant solution in keeping with everything else that's so classy! Leaving several years of Treo-rebooting, I'm lovin' my Curve!

09-16-08 10:46 PM
    Sorry I wasn't more detailed - I posted my response as I was getting ready to wash dye out of my hair. Which, by the way, turned my hair purple.

09-16-08 10:57 PM
    purple hair is HOTT

Lol

09-16-08 11:00 PM
    Sorry I wasn't more detailed - I posted my response as I was getting ready to wash dye out of my hair. Which, by the way, turned my hair purple.
    You have GOT to snap a pic of that
    09-16-08 11:03 PM

WOW what color was it suppose to be.
    09-16-08 11:05 PM
    I learn something new! Thanks. The only question that I do have is let's say the call is in progress and it ask u type your first four letters of your last name , can I still hold on Alt and spell my name ???? (example)
    09-16-08 11:08 PM
    I learn something new! Thanks. The only question that I do have is let's say the call is in progress and it ask u type your first four letters of your last name , can I still hold on Alt and spell my name ???? (example)
    yes you can..
    09-16-08 11:17 PM
    yes you can..
    Awesome! Thank you!
    09-16-08 11:19 PM
    Uhh. Well, it wasn't supposed to be purple, that's for sure! My boss is going to have a heart attack!

09-16-08 11:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD