Hi guys!! I just made a crackberry account and I wanted to do it now so I can get advice and tips for my future new blackberry that I will be getting in July. I have the iPhone 3GS now and Im just about tired of it. Why? Because I don't get my emails on time and the battery SUCKS-- I literally have to charge my phone like 3 times a day and that's freaking ridiculous. In July I will be getting the AT&T Blackberry Curve 8520-- I didn't want the Bold 9700 because I don't like the small keys..and I played with the blackberry curve 8520 in the store and I just love it!! I also want the blackberry because all of my friends have it so I can use BBM-- oh btw I text ALOT! So I was wondering if any of you guys had tips for me before I get my new blackberry??

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-30-10 02:11 PM
    Small keys? On the Bold?...

Lots of tips for you. 1st one, open up and read all links on my signature (You might want to do that on a PC).

2nd, read the 101 lectures, saves you from asking stuff and also expands on things in ways we couldn't.

3rd, hunt for apps now. Know what you want the device to do and find the apps before it arrives.

4th, read the posts in here, also get acquainted with the Search function.

5th, post as many times as you need and know that there are NO stupid questions (just repeated ones. )

Welcome to the forums.
    06-30-10 02:44 PM
    Welcome i have a 8520 and is a very good phone does the job it needs to do and very well is a workhorse type phone. I am sure when you get it you will love it.
    06-30-10 02:53 PM
    Welcome to crackberry! :-D
    06-30-10 02:56 PM

Lots of tips for you. 1st one, open up and read all links on my signature (You might want to do that on a PC).

2nd, read the 101 lectures, saves you from asking stuff and also expands on things in ways we couldn't.

3rd, hunt for apps now. Know what you want the device to do and find the apps before it arrives.

4th, read the posts in here, also get acquainted with the Search function.

5th, post as many times as you need and know that there are NO stupid questions (just repeated ones. )

Welcome to the forums.

Thank you so much! Which blackberry device do you have?

06-30-10 07:45 PM

Thank you so much! Which blackberry device do you have?

I won't tell. You'll have to guess: It's GSM and it doesn't have flash for the camera;

You'll never find out!!!
    06-30-10 08:37 PM
    I won't tell. You'll have to guess: It's GSM and it doesn't have flash for the camera;

You'll never find out!!!
    kwkid points up to Diego's Avatar and Summary
    06-30-10 08:43 PM
    I think she's talking about the keys too closed to each other. Not like the Curves', there are spaces between the keys.

Welcome to CrackBerry, prettygirl94!
    06-30-10 08:54 PM
    I just did the same thing...went from an iPhone to an 8530. I loved the iPhone, and it is a fun device...but ATT is just awful (dropped calls, calls I never actually even get, text message issues, etc). Plus I really REALLY missed a physical keyboard. Virtual is cool...but too many accidental backspaces and "enter" key hits, and the autocorrect feature was spitting out words that werent even CLOSE to what I had in mind! I previously had an original curve and loved it, and even tried a storm...but we wont go there. I am enjoying this 8530, but part of me is wondering if I should exchange it for the newer bold out on verizon...crisper screan, more space in the hard drive, better device overall. Anyone with any opinions, please feel free to let me know. If not, thats cool! Take care everyone.
    06-30-10 09:11 PM
    You will love your BB, especially if you text a lot. Nothing beats a real keyboard and BBM is awesome.
    06-30-10 09:22 PM
    I just did the same thing...went from an iPhone to an 8530. I loved the iPhone, and it is a fun device...but ATT is just awful (dropped calls, calls I never actually even get, text message issues, etc). Plus I really REALLY missed a physical keyboard. Virtual is cool...but too many accidental backspaces and "enter" key hits, and the autocorrect feature was spitting out words that werent even CLOSE to what I had in mind! I previously had an original curve and loved it, and even tried a storm...but we wont go there. I am enjoying this 8530, but part of me is wondering if I should exchange it for the newer bold out on verizon...crisper screan, more space in the hard drive, better device overall. Anyone with any opinions, please feel free to let me know. If not, thats cool! Take care everyone.
    Crackberry Genius of Genius papped was a great defender of the 8500 series and he's now rocking a 9650. Should say something. Most of the CB staff agree the 9650 is really close to what the 9700 delivers.

I say go for it. I would, but CDMA is dead in Brasil. Gonna have to wait for the 9700a

kwkid!! You!! I'm so glad nothing of that shows on wap lol or you would've served it on a silver plate for her
    Last edited by diegonei; 06-30-10 at 09:28 PM.
    06-30-10 09:25 PM
    Diego - wait until I say you can get a new phone. you are not leaving these forums. I shall not let thee.

Welcome to the forums PrettyGirl!! Read lots, lots, lots.....then read more. Knowledge is your best friend.

06-30-10 09:34 PM
    Hey, I know how you feel! I also went from an iPhone 3G to the Blackberry 8530. So glad I did! I hate HATE At&t, at least here in my area. No service in half the town I live in, the only place I could use the apps was through WiFi here at home. Whats the point in having the iPhone when I couldnt use it anywhere?? Switched to Sprint, and things are a ton better. I can do everything on my BB, and best thing is, I dont have to hook it to Wifi! WooHoo! lol I had a Blackberry 8330, and loved that phone too, and thought I was "upgrading" to the iPhone...wrong! LOL Back to BB now, and a very happy user indeed! :-)
    06-30-10 10:31 PM
    Welcome to the world of CrackBerry. The 8520, while not having all the bells and whistles of some of the more "Advanced" devices, is quite solid for someone who does a lot of messaging. Having come from the 8330 Curve, I thought I was going to have trouble adapting to the different keyboard on the Tour, which is also Bold-styled. But after a little bit, it is much sweeter than I ever thought it would be. The advent of the 5.0 OS and bringing predictive text has really sped up typing, readily exceeding my typing rate on the Curve.

But, you've found a device that pleases you, so enjoy, and don't let opinions drag you down.

06-30-10 10:45 PM
    Diego, you 8520...oh yeah diego and mang, good guys, and everyone else, they know there crack inside and out, I was put here to give everyone a dose of reality and realism so don't take anything I say personally..

07-01-10 03:23 AM
    I think she's talking about the keys too closed to each other. Not like the Curves', there are spaces between the keys.

Welcome to CrackBerry, prettygirl94!
    Yahh that's exactly what I meant!

07-01-10 03:17 PM

You'll never find out!!!
    Well I'm not that much of a techie so I wouldn't know :P

07-01-10 03:23 PM

Hi yahh I totally agree to what you're saying-- I also wanted to downgrade because my eyes were literally glued to my phone-- I was obsessed with it and I just need a phone that I can text, talk, and make calls with!

07-01-10 03:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD