I'll post a pic later as it's amusing to me but I'm at work so it's not like I have a 2nd digital camera present.

So the bottom clip on my 8330 has been "busted" for a while. The right side was propped "up" due to the plastic sort of busting, and that spring underneath for the back release pushing up.

Luckily the left side was holding strong, and all was right in the world. Then... the left side gave out the other day. The plastic went shooting up in the air, along with the spring (which I can't find) and my back was unsecured.

Being the MacGyver that I am... I totally put some scotch tape on the back to keep it in place and not sliding up.

Needless to say I'm rockin' the TapeBerry until I can get the new Alltel Tour. I feel so dirty having a broken Berry, but I can't go back to any other phone so a taped Berry is better than a non-Taped dumbphone/WinMo phone.
    08-16-09 10:16 PM
    I'd take the opportunity to order a new housing on eBay. That way the curve will always be a ice backup phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-16-09 10:28 PM
    I plan on it, actually, when I get my Tour. I just don't want to mess with it until after I've switched and then I'll replace the housing, etc.

Mainly because if it broke I'd have to use my Pearl Flip 8230, which is a nice phone dont' get me wrong, but I like my full keyboard.

D.
    08-16-09 11:09 PM
    You MUST post a pic of your Tapeberry. LMAO!
    08-17-09 01:55 PM
    you know the saying "pics or it didn't happen"
    08-17-09 03:38 PM
    I'll grab a pic in the morning, slept all day, but honestly it's nothing special. It's just really annoying to me when I'm holding the phone and I can see that tape or it rubs my finger and you can feel the edge of it.
    08-17-09 10:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD