Having trouble with Internet on my 8900. Unlocked it for AT&T and can't seem to get the internet net work. I'm guessing it is because my TCP/IP settings are blank. Anyone know what these should be set to for AT&T? Couldn't find anything off of a search. Thanks!
    03-18-09 10:55 PM
    Did you add a Blackberry Data Plan to your account?
    03-18-09 11:26 PM
    wap.cingular

[email protected]

CINGULAR1
    03-18-09 11:32 PM
    Still not working. Texts/BBM works fine but I get "Unable to connect to the Internet, please try again later. If the problem persists please contact your service provider." I have a BB unlimited data plan.
    03-18-09 11:59 PM
    Did you assign your phone's PIN with your data plan? Sounds like you did since you mentioned that BB Messenger was working.

Is your Browser set to "Hotspot" instead of "Internet"?

Browser > BB Button > Options > Browser Configuration > Browser = Internet

If that doesn't do it, try a battery pull.

If that still doesn't do it then re-send your service books to your device.
    Last edited by aristile; 03-19-09 at 12:05 AM.
    03-19-09 12:03 AM
    Still not working. Full Edge bars + I tried on my WiFi. Get the same error. Tried a battery pull as well. All my settings are set to Browser.
    03-19-09 05:26 AM
    Try setting MEdia Net as your default. That's how my is set and I also put in the TCP settings manually.
    03-25-09 11:37 PM
    Whats the purpose of using this TCP/IP? With the sections clear, I am able to still browse the web. When I enter this, Im able to browse too.. Im not getting EDGE though, only edge. Is there a reason for this?

I have the basic data package not the blackberry data plan..maybe thats the reason??
    04-14-09 08:54 PM
    Im not sure you need them.... I dont have them and i am working just fine.
    04-14-09 09:53 PM
    you have EDGE in capital letters when you browse?

Is your tcp/ip settings the wap.cingular?
    04-14-09 10:09 PM
    You do not need the APN settings to browse using EDGE. You only need these settings when you are using WAP specific services.
    04-14-09 10:35 PM
    Hey Aristile,
    So what is preventing my phone from browsing using EDGE over edge? Ive made so many setting changes on my phone, I dont know where to start. Also, when I have wi-fi on, how can I tell if the browser is using wi-fi or edge? thanks
    04-14-09 10:41 PM
    Hey Aristile,
    So what is preventing my phone from browsing using EDGE over edge? Ive made so many setting changes on my phone, I dont know where to start. Also, when I have wi-fi on, how can I tell if the browser is using wi-fi or edge? thanks
    I'm not sure what is the deal in your case since you are not using the data package that is intended for the Blackberry. Maybe that uses the APN settings (which is limited) to get data through the Internet but I don't know for sure. To see what connection your browser is using press the U key on the keyboard and a status bar will show up at the top of the Browser.
    04-14-09 11:44 PM
    thanks, so when I hit the U key and my WiFi is turned on, the browser shows edge. Is there an icon that says Wifi is being used? There is no icon on the status bar that says wifi when I browse, so Im assuming it's using edge..
    04-14-09 11:50 PM
    That's correct. I'm on WiFi and there is the WiFi logo instead of EDGE.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-14-09 11:54 PM
    I bought a T-Mobile Blackberry Curve 8520. I have an AT&T plan. I unlocked the blackberry. I can call/text/use wifi. I can not browse or use BBM without having a wifi connection, however. I am paying for a data plan, but do not know how to change the settings. I have changed the TCP/IP to wap.cingular and entered the correct username. I still cannot browse without having a wifi connection available.

Can someone help?
    06-08-10 04:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD