My verizon bb 8530 with gmail address on it today took about 5 to 10 minutes synchronizing on my phone I don't know what that is help please is gmail doing something on its own? I never saw it b4

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-04-10 12:00 PM
    anyone have any ideas on this suprised its been up a few days with no response and about 50 views.
    06-06-10 10:04 AM
    anyone have any ideas on this suprised its been up a few days with no response and about 50 views.
    ????????????????

06-06-10 02:45 PM
    wow this is first time i feel let down by crackberry nation....not one resonse to my issue..guess nobody has any answers so i will trudge on with this til i get exhausted and give up.
    06-07-10 07:07 AM
    When you set up your gmail account, before completing set up on the phone its askes you if you want to sync your phone with your gmail account. it is already checked , you have to check it off if you dont want to do it. It is typically best to sync your phone because if there ever is atime where you phone gets wiped or you have to get a new phone and they cant pull all your contacts off,, all you have to so is set up your gmail account on your new phone , sync your phone and,,,bam all your cantacts are back on your phone.
    06-07-10 08:12 AM
    where do i got to turn off the sync???? and thanks
    06-07-10 02:38 PM
    When you set it up you have to look at the screens and read everything. What you have to do now is, (if you don't want this)
    1) Go into the Google mail account and find the synced contacts and delete them.
    2) Delete the mail account off the phone
    3) Set the account back up on the phone
    4) Read carefully after you add the mail address and password I believe the next screen will ask if you want to sync the phone to your account. Look to the bottom left of the screen and you will see the check box there. Uncheck that box and it will NOT sync. It comes pre checked.
    And your welcome
    Last edited by butter11; 06-07-10 at 03:42 PM.
    06-07-10 03:36 PM
    Again thanks.. For the time it takes to do all that I will leave all alone til I get fed up and fix it.

06-08-10 05:33 PM
    It shouldn't take no longer than 5 minutes. I did the same thing and I redid both mine and my wifes phone in less than 5 minutes.

06-08-10 09:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD