I have bad news for everyone. RIM does not permit the synch of emails from BB to Computer and vice versa without BES. This is how RIM ensures that you get a DATA plan with your carrier for wireless email reconciliation and how they make their money. If someone out there can find a way to do it without BES, please let me know.
    This was a very helpful series of posts and it explains this issue to me. I have the exact same problem as described by others. I would understand if this issue existed only for people that do not pay for a data plan, however I do pay for a very expensive data plan with TELUS and I still have the same issue. The post I quote above seems to imply that since I have a data plan I should be able to reconcile email between my Outlook and BB both directions which I cannot. Any further thoughts or elaboration would be very helpful!
    04-29-10 12:16 PM
    I am in the same position of Yukon Scott (and others) using my BlackBerry without a BES and with a data plan from my cel provider.

I am a new user to the BlackBerry wanting to tackle 'email overload'. While it works for incoming mail, I was hoping to be able to transfer my "to read" MS-Outlook file to my BlackBerry.

I have been a PalmOS user for at least a decade and have this wonderful app called "InBox To Go" (DataViz.com). It was designed in the pre-wireless PDA days to sync Outlooks main boxes (In,Out,Sent,ect). Thus, the user could read everything in her inbox and reply to it (replies stored in outbox), delete it (message stored in delete box) or keep in her inbox. At the next hotsync, everything would transfer from the handheld to Outlook.

Enter wireless PalmOS and I still used Inbox To Go. (I used a separate program to check and respond to email in real time.)

My expectation was that the BlackBerry would have the indigenous capability to do this but it does not

Is anyone aware of an InBox To Go like program for the BlackBerry?
    06-13-10 06:59 AM
    I'm not familiar with the capability you describe. I think you are unlikely to find anything like it in the BlackBerry world, since one of the main selling points of BlackBerry devices is instantaneous email. What you describe would make a BlackBerry emulate a Palm.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-13-10 08:02 AM
    I've been wondering the same thing about the read reconciliation. Right now I have two email addresses, one IMAP Gmail account, and another MS Exchange Online account. I'm using BIS, not BES.

When I read an email on my BB, it marks it as read in either my Gmail account or in Outlook which is great. However, how do I get it to work the other way around? Is there anyway to have the emails on my BB marked as read when I read them in Gmail or Outlook? I've checked all the settings and I have reconciliation turned on, but it doesn't seem to sync that way.

I'm using a BB9700 with the latest version of the OS.
    Last edited by theninjasquad; 06-14-10 at 12:24 PM. Reason: Addt'l info
    06-14-10 12:21 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD