I use Outlook on my desktop to manage 2 different email addresses. I never use the web application (gmail and comcast). I have both email addresses setup on my device. I receive mail no problem. I would like to sync up or reconcile my emails between what I do on Outlook and the BB. For example, if I delete an email on Outlook, it's should be deleted on the BB and vice-versa. Maybe even reconcile "sent" items. I realize this may not be possible "real-time", but was wondering how to maybe sync once a day. I thought the Desktop Manager would do it however, the "Reconcile Messages" selection is grayed out. Calendar and Contacts work fine. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated by this BB newbie.
    05-08-08 03:00 PM
    Are you on a BES account? That would explain why the option is grayed out in DTM, since BES provides wireless sync for your Outlook calendar, contacts, email, notes, and tasks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-08-08 03:10 PM
    Thanks Jeff. I don't know what a BES account is so I don't think I'm on one.
    05-08-08 03:28 PM
    A BES account is a Blackberry Enterprise Server. It is mostly used by corporations to connect all their Blackberrys to the corporate email system.

If the phone is yours personally then their is a very fair chance that you are not connected to BES. If it's the company's phone then you may be on BES and had better go and talk to your IT folks about your problem.

I just tried to Reconcile my emails (I'm not on BES) and was not able to do so. I went to the Blackberry site and spent a few minutes looking around. Most of their Knowledge Base articles point towards the device documentation so I will read that in bed tonight.

There is obviously something that we are all missing so I suggest that we all go away and see what can be found out today and get back here soon-ish.
    05-08-08 04:14 PM
    I have spent about two hours on this. My Desktop Manager (v4.3) has the Configure Reconciliation icon greyed out whether my phone is conected or not.

I searched the rIM site and that gave no help for BIS user reconcilliation.

I called my carrier (I know a guy in there). They sent me several emails that did not help.

I therefore am convinced that when you install DM, it asks a question about how you connect (I forget the exact text) BES or BIS and I think that if you select the BIS option, you lose email reconciliation.

If anyone else can help here, now would be a very good time to say so.
    05-09-08 11:47 AM
    I had the same problem with my "reconcile messages" button being greyed out. The following link has instrucitons on how to solve that problem:

web address = (add the www) .blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB11 162&sliceId=SAL_Public&dialogID=28656219&stateId=1 %200%2028660011

It worked on my computer.. i.e. the buttonis not greyed out, but I still can not reconecile emails. RIM makes it very difficult to reconcile emails without using their exchange server.

All I really need to do is to be able to have my "Sent" email from my BB transferred to my laptop and I will be happy. Anyone know how to do just that with BIS and no MES?

Thanks!

Adam
    05-24-08 06:41 AM
    It took me a while, but I found a topic on this. I am having the same issue.
    06-17-08 02:12 PM
    and I tried your link and could not get it to work
    06-17-08 02:17 PM
    06-17-08 02:26 PM
    damn and i was hoping to sync my outlook so i can have everything from my work email on there...well at least i will be able to receive messages
    06-25-08 12:48 AM
    I've got a similar problem.

1) No BES
    2) Running outlook exchange
    3) Can access outlook through web (is the same as OWA?)
    3) Connecting my blackberry to exchange through BIS.

When I read/mark unread/delete email on my BB, it reconciles wirelessly just fine with my outlook. HOWEVER, changes made on my outlook ARE NOT reconciled wirelessly to my BB.

What's going on? How can I get a two way reconciliation going?
    06-26-08 10:19 PM

1) No BES
    2) Running outlook exchange
    3) Can access outlook through web (is the same as OWA?)
    3) Connecting my blackberry to exchange through BIS.

When I read/mark unread/delete email on my BB, it reconciles wirelessly just fine with my outlook. HOWEVER, changes made on my outlook ARE NOT reconciled wirelessly to my BB.

It took me 3 days to find someone else in this world with the same problem as me. When I am connected to my comp at work (synced in) my e-mails do not reconcile from outlook to BB. Exampe:

1. Using MS Outlook, and new email arrives.
    2. Open email, read, and close.
    3. Time delay, then BB receives email.
    4. BB continues to show email as new and "unopened" although I have already opened and closed the email in MS Outlook.

Same goes if the email is already new and unopened on both my BB and MS Outlook. If I open it on the BB, then it appears read within Outlook. If I open it in Outlook, it DOES NOT appear opened on the BB..... WHY!?!?!?!??!
    07-01-08 09:35 PM
    I have bad news for everyone. RIM does not permit the synch of emails from BB to Computer and vice versa without BES. This is how RIM ensures that you get a DATA plan with your carrier for wireless email reconciliation and how they make their money. If someone out there can find a way to do it without BES, please let me know.
    07-11-08 02:27 PM
    I am a BB Curve 8330 newby on a sprint BIS system, and am having the same experience as everyone else.

Additionally, I have noticed that my personal email takes much longer (~12-15 min.) to arrive to my BB that my business (~4-8 min) after being sent/cc from Outlook. Is this the norm or is there some way to configure them to arrive faster.

Also, can you receive email during a telephone conversation? I was on a length conversation, in which email notifications were being sent. While on the telephone call which lasted more than 20 min., nothing arrived. The minute I hung up, a tidal wave of emails came in. Is this the norm? If not is there a better way of formating so as to not interrupt the influx of email/SMS?
    01-29-09 11:22 PM
    I use NotifyLink for Outlook (work) email. Our work email is from an IMAP server, but they should also support POP accounts. With this App, my work emails reconcile. What is read on either the BB or the Laptop is marked read on the other. Same for deletions. I choose not to save any sent mail, so I cannot say if that will also reconcile.
    01-30-09 08:45 AM
    I have recently switched from a Palm Treo to the Blackberry Curve and I am trying to transfer my contacts over in the quickest way possible but I have had no luck so far. Any help would be appreciated.
    01-30-09 09:30 AM
    I have recently switched from a Palm Treo to the Blackberry Curve and I am trying to transfer my contacts over in the quickest way possible but I have had no luck so far. Any help would be appreciated.
    If you can connect your Treo to your PC via USB, you can use the Switch Device Wizard. Or, if you have your contacts synched to Outlook, just synch your Curve and all the contacts will come over.
    01-30-09 09:34 AM
    Where is the switch device wizard?
    01-30-09 09:37 AM
    I found the switch device wizard but when I select it, and it comes to the screen that says "Select the software from which you want to import desktop organizer data", it wont let me click on "Next" ?
    01-30-09 09:43 AM
    I haven't used the wizard; I just know it's supposed to work. Can you tell if your Treo is connected?
    01-30-09 09:56 AM
    The Switch Device wizard requires both devices, ie: your palm/treo and your bb to be connected before it will let you move forward
    01-30-09 10:02 AM
    it is plugged in but it does not show up on MY Computer..
    01-30-09 10:05 AM
    it is plugged in but it does not show up on MY Computer..

You need to have basic connectivity established before Switch Device will work. Which device is not showing up?
    01-30-09 10:10 AM
    In researching how to get my "sent/opened email" on my bb to reflect the same status on my outlook program on a BIS format, and noticing that so many people were having similar but different problems, I figured the issue had to be something other than RIM. Here is what I found out.

Depending on your type of integrated email account, carrier, or email account setup, wireless email reconciliation might not be available for your device.

The following pertains for those using BIS/POP3 outlook email configuration

If you want to simply delete emails on your BB and email account on your ISP server (i.e., [email protected]), then check off that option when you set up your BB BIS account , and leave your bb wireless email reconcile settings to ON. When you press the "reconcile now" buttion, your bb should reconciles with your ISP account and delete the email on both sites. This relay will not delete the email if it has already been downloaded onto Outlook nor will it reconcile sent/read items.... because you BB and Outlook do not have a direct communication.

The reason the "Reconcile Messages" button on the synchronize screen in the destop manger is greyed out, is because you are not using BES.

Now in order to reconcile deleted/sent/read emails over the air (OTA) to/from your BB and Outlook using BIS, you need to have one of the following
    • Microsoft Exchange work email account+
    • IMAP personal email account
    • MSN HOtmail email account*
    • Microsoft OUtlook Web Access email (not sure about this one)^
    With the above, email messages that you send from your device are copied to the sent items folder in your email account. Likewise email messages that you delete are copied to the deleted items folder (except for MSM Hotmail*). Furthermore depending on your wireless service provider, wireless email reconciliation for the sent items folder on your device might not be available for your MSM Hotmail email account.* Why? I am not sure.

If you have a work email account that uses Microsoft Outlook Web Access version 5.5, email messages that you send from your device are not copied to the sent items forlder in your email account^. Why? I'm not sure.

The Microsoft exchange server is an email based collaborative communications server for businesses (kind of like BES). These Licences can be purchased from Microsoft and its resellers. If your organization uses an Exchange server, but you do not know if you have an account, or how to use it, contact your organizations IT dept, or network administrator

Home users typically do not have an Exchange server email account, instead they use a POP3 email account with an Internet service provider or a web-based email service such as MSN Hotmail. I have a POP3 email account with comcast, and sprint which does not give me the option to reconcile sent/read emails wirelessly.

I believe (but I could be wrong) that you can purchase an Microsoft Exchange server or Outlook Web Access email account license through Microsoft for a fee starting around $10/month (refer to microsot.com for pricing info).

You can reference this information at Blackberry Answers at Blackberry.com and Microsoft.com (https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=2Q7JpRo5).

If you are on BIS an have microsoft exchange and/or Outlook Web Access , there is a link at blackberry.com, that may be useful if you are having problems with you bb configurations. www.blackberry.com/btcs/viewcontent.do?exernalId=KB03133&sliceId=2.

As for IMAP accounts, you will need to contact your ISP service providers for that information.

I hope this information is useful.
    Last edited by BBMary; 02-03-09 at 11:55 AM.
    01-31-09 03:39 PM

<cut>

I have the same problem, but I connect via BES.
    BB - Outlook syncs 100%, but Outlook to BB not.....
    10-09-09 12:28 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD