I have a new Curve, sync it on 2 computers - home and work. I use Outlook 2003. I have 15 years of appts on there - I like keeping them to reference on occasion. I synced without difficulty on my home computer, then on my office computer.

When I went to resync on my home computer yesterday, the Desktop Manager alerted me that it was going to delete a few hundred appts (of approx 4000). I rejected them, but on inspection realized these were the oldest. They were gone on the BB. Not sure, but I suspect they were deleted on the office computer and then on the BB. Now I'd like to get them back on the BB so I don't run the risk of deleting them.

How can I do this? I think the easiest way would be to overwrite all calender events from Outlook to BB, but after the initial sync, I don't have this option anymore.

Any ideas?
    09-09-08 04:56 AM
    Under the calendar > options > general calendar options > Change keep appointments to forever

Back up Outlook on your Home computer, just in case

Go to synchronize in the DM, configuration, and set the calendar option for one way computer to device
    09-09-08 05:12 AM
    Okay thanks. I did this and did a one way sync outlook to BB - but.....

Everything prior to Nov 1994 is gone from the BB. It's still there in the Outlook, but not in the BB. I did make sure that "Keep Appts Forever" is selected. Why won't it sync my older stuff?
    09-09-08 05:31 AM
    Anyone else, please?
    09-09-08 10:43 AM
    I hate to tell you, but we've never satisfactorily solved that problem. It comes up occasionally. My BES Outlook deletes non-recurring appointments older than 13 months. But people who are not on BES have reported what you are reporting. So far we don't have a solution.
    09-09-08 11:00 AM
    So, are you telling me that I have to choose between losing all my data from all these years or not syncing to Outlook? That would be a major problem.
    09-09-08 01:30 PM
    Unless you can protect your data by only synching one-way, then yes, that's what I'm saying. I'm sorry I don't have a better answer. I thought this was an Outlook limitation, until someone posted that he had thousands of appts going back years. So then I surmised it was a BES issue, but you are not on a BES. So, I have no explanation that fits the facts, and therefore no good answer.
    09-09-08 10:04 PM
    Thanks again. I just checked and found those events do still exist on both my home and office computers. Only gone on the BB.

I really don't want to be limited to putting events on the Outlook only - that would cripple me and the utility of the device.

The Outlook => BB is not putting the events back on, so can I somehow wipe out my calendar on the BB and resync?
    09-10-08 09:12 AM
    The technique described in this thread may help you. http://forums.crackberry.com/f79/mis...er-sync-33453/

You'll notice I didn't know the answer four months ago, either.

Here is another relevant thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/f79/cal...ays-old-49285/
    09-10-08 12:25 PM
    Well, I deleted a bunch of stuff so I have 33 mb of memory free. I had loaded some games (chess), etc which may have contributed to dec memory. I also have epocrates and splashID on there. I got rid of Maps, Help and BB ID program (since I have splashID). The BB syncs from Outlook -> BB, but it still won't put the old stuff back. It just ignores it.

Is there a way to wipe out the BB calendar and replace it from scratch without resetting the entire device?

Thanks.
    09-11-08 07:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD