this is the message that I get when I try and replace my contacts with the contents of my outlook contacts:

Error encountered. Error code - 0x80040fb3

I do not know what to do. It gets to exactly 140 contacts transfered and then gives me this error. I have been looking and have no luck so far. I have been struggling with this for 2 days now. I have over 400 contacts and have done this process before with no problems. I have the sync set up to wipe all the contacts off my BB and replace them with the contents from outlook.

any help is soooo appreciated. thanks in advance.
    08-14-09 11:27 PM
    Error Encountered 0x80040FB3, Check Documentation error appears during a wired synchronization

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Doc ID : KB14818
    Last Modified : 07-20-2009
    Document Type : Support

Print this page

Environment
    BlackBerry® Desktop Software 4.3 to 4.6
    BlackBerry® smartphone
    Microsoft® Outlook® 2003 and 2007

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Overview
    During a wired synchronization of the BlackBerry smartphone, the following error message is displayed:

Error Encountered 0x80040FB3, Check Documentation

Cause
    This issue may be caused by one of the following:

One or more contacts in the Contacts application is missing information or has invalid characters in the First, Last, or Company name fields.
    There are attachments in the Calendar application.
    There is corrupt Intellisync history.
    There is corrupt information in the organizer database.

Resolution
    Cause 1

One or more contacts in the Contacts application is missing information or has invalid characters in the First, Last, or Company name fields.

Resolution 1a

Add text to the empty First Name, Last Name, or Company fields, or delete contacts with empty fields in the Microsoft Outlook address book.

Resolution 1b

Remove invalid characters in the First, Last, or Company name fields.

Cause 2

There are attachments in the Calendar application.

Resolution 2

To resolve this issue, complete the following steps:

Turn off the synchronization for all other organizer applications except the Calendar in the Synchronization configuration window.
    Turn on advanced synchronization logging and run the synchronization.
    For instructions on how to turn on advanced synchronization logging, see KB01451.

Provide the synchronization log files to your BlackBerry technical support representative for review.

Cause 3

There is corrupt Intellisync history.

Resolution 3

Reset the configuration of the synchronization. To do this, please perform the following:

Open the Desktop Manager.
    Open the Synchronize application.
    Click the Configuration tab (For Desktop Manager 4.5 - 4.7 click the Synchronization option under the Configure heading).
    Press the Reset Configuration button.
    Press Yes.

Cause 4

There is corrupt information in the organizer database.

Resolution 4

Clear the database for the affected organizer database. In order to clear the organizer database, refer to KB10167.

Note: To determine the affected organizer database, synchronize each organizer data item one at a time. To configure the synchronization, refer to KB00024.

Cause 5

Data within Microsoft Outlook is corrupted.

Resolution 5

Export the data as a CSV file, import it back in, and choose to overwrite the existing data. For instructions, visit Microsoft's support website and search for How to Import and Export Text Data with Outlook.

Once this has been completed clear the assocaited database from the BlackBerry smartphone and try to synchronize again.

Cause 6

Corrupt data on the BlackBerry smartphone. (Clearing the addressbook using BlackBerry Desktop Manager does not resolve the issue)

Resolution 6

Perform a Wipe Handheld on the BlackBerry smartphone.
    08-14-09 11:35 PM
    Oh! I also have a 8830 that is my spare and it does the same thing on it as well. Both have 4.5.0.138.
    08-14-09 11:37 PM
    I did do a wipe on my 8830 and it still happened. I am going to try some of the other things you posted. thanks!!!
    08-14-09 11:39 PM
    Dating back from my Palm Treo days, I've used the mobile version of Weather Underground. Weather undergound mobile well fomatted for mobile browsers and is largely well formatted text. It is based on the National Weather Service reports. It loads super quickly. It's a wonderful "just the facts maam" kind of forecast, not bogged down with advertisments and allows one to click through to more detailed info. IMHO, this is what all mobile sites should be.

m.wund.com type in your zip code and save in your favortites. I use it as my home page and have it set to refresh hourly.

(I tied to type in the link, but don't have enough posts on this site yet, so you'll have to cut and paste)
    08-15-09 08:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD