I'm sure this has been answered in the past so please don't flame me for not searching. Is there a difference between a battery pull and doing a soft reset by alt-right shift-del? The Storm didn't have that feature so its nice. I've already enjoyed a lot of keyboard shortcuts that I never knew or used.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-04-10 05:36 PM
    they say there's no difference and the soft reset seems to do the trick but a battery pull gives me extra peace of mind
    04-04-10 05:48 PM
    Ok thanks!

04-04-10 05:51 PM
    There is no replacement for a battery pull but a soft reset here and there helps as well(when needed).

04-04-10 05:57 PM
    Battery pull when done right (with the device turned on, pull the battery, wait 30-60 seconds, reinsert the battery) allows full discharge of the electronics. A soft reset is good for reorganizing the memory but sometimes a hard b attery pull is the best.

QuickPull does my reset daily. A hard pull is done about 1 time a month if the phone is being weird for most any reason.

04-04-10 07:11 PM
    Battery pull when done right (with the device turned on, pull the battery, wait 30-60 seconds, reinsert the battery) allows full discharge of the electronics. A soft reset is good for reorganizing the memory but sometimes a hard battery pull is the best.

QuickPull does my reset daily. A hard pull is done about 1 time a month if the phone is being weird for most any reason.

+10000 Great post! I think and do the same. I use meterberry though.
    04-04-10 07:40 PM
    You can get quick pull application. Does the same thing. I have it set daily but once a week I do a hard battery pull. It is good for it

06-24-10 10:47 PM
    To fully turn everything off, and discharge all the electronics and do a complete reset (for OS burn in, error fix, new app install) do a full battery pull. If you just want to free up some memory quickly, the three finger salute will do you fine. Al battery pull a day keeps the slowness away. (or every other day)
    06-25-10 08:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD