I have just made a switch from a 8900 to an unlocked Tour. I am using it in Europe, so I get all the goodness of 3G to boot, but I must say that the Tour is a great device, even when on 2G, which when in some remote places I am forced to use.
    Anyway, I love the keyboard and the size, as 8900 was a bit too small for my pudgy fingers and I felt the keys a bit too clicky and hard, which was a problem when using it in meetings. Of course, these are very subjective.

The point of this post is: If anyone doesnt like the size or the keyboard of the 8900, I would highly recommend the unlocked Tour, especially for people outside US. It really is a solid phone. The only gripe I have is battery life, but that will be remedied with future OS updates and an extended battery from Seido.
    08-05-09 07:14 AM
    Enjoy your new bb. I played with my sister's Tour and it really looks and feels nice. I like my 8900 though and plan to keep it for a while.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-05-09 08:09 AM
    I was going to do this but i decided to wait for the driftwood for t-mobile. I'm still lovin my 8900 :-)
    08-05-09 09:33 AM
    I was going to wait for the Onyx/Driftwood, but the keyboard drove me insane. The crack just couldn't be left alone, though, so I took the plunge. I am happy I did.
    I don't use UMA or WiFi, so the Tour seemed to be the best way. The Bold also did not do it for me, after having gone through 2 of them, I gave up. The size was a deal breaker, but the keyboard was fantastic.
    08-05-09 09:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD