It's been a pretty long time since i've been through here, but the knowledge and help gained through you guys was top notch. but, i became eligible for my $150 upgrade credit last month and after watching 20 video reviews on the new HTC Evo, i decided to go back to a touchscreen and pre ordered it. Have been playing with it since friday to make sure I like it (i'm not a touchscreen guy) but i am going to keep it. So i'm definately going to miss my 8350i but it will (hopefully) have a new owner in a few days.

Good luck and THANK YOU for all of your help in the past.
    06-08-10 04:31 PM
    Congrats on your new purchase!

Hopefully you will remain a frequent visitor, join the chat in the Android section of the site
    06-08-10 04:33 PM
    Thanks drm, i never even noticed the android section, will definately check it out. cheers.
    06-08-10 08:30 PM
    Damn! They got W.C.D. to switch! Well... im right behind ya! Im due and more than ready...Said to my self... self, dont be jumpin from the pan into the fire. Then I look down at my 8350i...sniff..it cant be all that bad to leave the nest...Or can it?
    06-08-10 09:02 PM
    Ditto to everything WCD said.. I went EVO got it Monday and I won't be back. I want to thank all of the people here for their help over the past 1 1/2 years and for listening to me rant and rave about the 8350i. I'll still read the forum to see if I can offer any help to any newbies but I'm gone.. Thanks again...
    06-09-10 10:48 AM
    Yeah I'm done with my 8350i also. I got tired of waiting for OS 5.0 and guess what...still waiting. I'll be moving over to the Motorola I1 as soon as it goes on sale. Bye bye BB...you won't be missed.
    06-09-10 03:40 PM
    Yeah I'm done with my 8350i also. I got tired of waiting for OS 5.0 and guess what...still waiting. I'll be moving over to the Motorola I1 as soon as it goes on sale. Bye bye BB...you won't be missed.

But when is it coming out? haven't heard a date yet, just like the official 5.0 OS...
    06-09-10 06:12 PM
    The knock off 5.0 has been out for while. As for you guys leaving your all QUITERS lol. Good luck with your new phones I hope you don't go though the pain again. This bb is like a government job it sux to work for doesn't pay enough and pisses you off daily but its to good to leave there for I'm putting in my twenty

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-09-10 06:52 PM
    I personally made the switch to Android back in February. I have recently added another line so I could grab the 9650 for myself and wow. The difference is huge. I am very objective and can see the pro's and con's of each OS and respect them for what they handle well, and know which of the two handles various tasks slightly worse. Either way the BlackBerry is certainly not for everyone (hard to imagine, I know) but we hope the decision everyone who converts makes is the best one for themselves and no one else.
    06-09-10 07:00 PM
    well for quite a while my problems seemed to go away. and then all of a sudden out of nowhere the texts started acting up a couple times a week. would lose my radio signal when chirping and have to wait for it to restart, pretty much all the usuals that were used to lol. i was thinking the same thing, don't jump into it, but what the heck why not

i switched my plan around a little bit. dropped down from the $99 simply everything to the $69 everything mobile plan (data, messaging, calls to mobile all unlimited and 450 minutes for landlines) well plus ten bucks for extra data for evo which kind of sucks but i can live with it for the price we pay compared to the competitors. anyhow.. knocked 30 bucks off the plan, and activating a $30/mo DC only phone. comes out to the same just have 2 phones again which i'm alright with... no more missed call straight to voicemail because something updated and set off my data right at the same time they called, or because the chirp was being used. and i get 3g back and a blazing fast browser. (no i'm not in 4g area, but it's the phone and platform that i switched for)

There is a considerable difference between the two OS's. last month i woulda said there isn't a phone that stands up to the berry no matter what the reviews say... but then i got this puppy in my hand, and all the little things like typing and realizing after you hit send the phone froze and youre missing random letters and words. and everything converting to mms (going back to data blocking calls) the more i play, the more i find, the more i like
    06-09-10 07:40 PM
    dude hope you ordered several extra batteries.. maybe a solar charger would work good too.
    06-09-10 09:22 PM
    hmmmm....I heard you had to pull a lil red wagon full of batteries to keep a charge on it!
    06-09-10 10:37 PM
    Haha. Well the battery ill let ya know about after a little more time goes bye. Ive seen a lot of evo owners defend their battery, I'm not quite ready to do that yet. when I first bought my 8350i I would kill the battery in 4 hours with no problem. I remember cause the berry had a good reputation for batteries and I wasn't seeing it until a couple weeks after I had it. That being said, I've never actually got my berry to shut off from low battery, just low enough to kill the radio. The batteries for both phones (from what I've come to understand) condition themselves over a week to 2 week period. I don't know anything about it just know what I've read a few times. And come to think of it my batteries for my 18v lithium ion Milwaukee hammer drill did state something about a conditioning time for those batteries too.

The battery I was really worried about after seeing how fast it drained. But I just got off an hour long video call over Skype with my mom who's been over seas for the last few years. The battery bar barely moved. The last 2 days the battery has been lasting a lot longer between charges. And I've been using it non stop.

Do I think the battery will hold up to the battery life on my Berry? no. But I have a task manager where I can see what programs are running and stop ones that are just in background. It's gotta huge screen and the apps that are available... its just a whole different world. Worth a little bit of battery loss. Give a little get a ton.
    06-10-10 12:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD