After reading what most people had to say about the 8520, I was reluctant to purchase one at first. The only reason I did is because I got two for free with an upgrade and wasn't to crazy about the downgrade in size on the bold 9700. But after owning this guy for about 2 months, I have to say I'm completely satisfied. I'm a previous curve 83xx, bold and storm user and this phone suits my needs the best. The size is perfect, the keys work great for me and I just love the overall feel of the phone. The dedicated media keys are awesome and I can't forget about the best improvement...the track pad! I'm just curious if anyone else has been as satisfied as I have been, bc it seems like the majority of people that got one expected something different. I think this might be the one blackberry I keep for more than a year.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-06-10 08:13 PM
    Glad to hear that! I'm very, very satisfied my phone. It also suits my everyday needs.

06-06-10 08:18 PM
    Congratulations...cool to hear from someone who likes what they bought.
    06-06-10 08:18 PM
    Yea, we see too many complaints not enough compliments sometimes.

06-06-10 08:30 PM
    I have the 8530 from having the Tour. I am pleased with it too

06-06-10 08:31 PM
    Count me in. Been here a long time and I defend the 8500 series any change I get.

They are not the best ever Berries to grace the world but I'll be damned if I let people belittle them.

Now I hear the 9300 is going to have a 624mhz processor. That's gonna be a mean phone. Think 8520+3G+612mhz+6.0 (that's what rumours are saying now). And oh, yes! It's supposed to be the newest low end device.

Low end = low quality? Any one? No? Good.
    Last edited by diegonei; 06-06-10 at 09:45 PM.
    06-06-10 09:05 PM
    I also am very satisfied with my 8520. Is it perfect, no, but then I have never owned any cell phone that was. But overall this has been the best cell phone I have owned. I plan on using it another 12-18 months assuming no major malfunctions and then will reevaluate my needs/desires and make a decision then.
    06-06-10 09:16 PM
    I love my 8520. The designs of the 9300 are just rediculous. It looks the same. So this may be my last curve, but it definitely shouldn't ever be downplayed

06-06-10 10:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD