I got some help, and it went smooth. This is the first time that I ever installed a new OS... I did the install through DM..

I dl the official sw from us cellular, installed it onto my computer, then from there i opened up the file let it do the extracting that it needed to do. After that i went to c>program files>common files>apploader... From there it was suppossed automatically start loading but didnt.

So i went to DM, clicked check for updates, told me to select my phone, click on update. It had 3 OS. 1st i forgot was it was, 2nd one was my .138 (standard it said) then the 3rd one was the new .169 (better) so i installed it. Took all of about 25 mins from start to finish.

Using the way i did, it did go through the apploader.. So maybe i did something wrong?

So what is better going from 4.5.0.138 to the new OS of 4.5.0.169????
    09-14-09 12:56 AM
    Congrats, .169 has faster data downloads. You will notice faster browser page loads and updates.

Watch out for loss of ringers and custom profiles though. If it happens, do a battery pull to reset your ringtones.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-14-09 01:02 AM
    Congrats, .169 has faster data downloads. You will notice faster browser page loads and updates.

Watch out for loss of ringers and custom profiles though. If it happens, do a battery pull to reset your ringtones.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    My phone is maybe 1 month old. I had NOTHING on the phone really. All my apps are there so I am happy..

So I guess it wasnt to hard to do an OS upgrade

And the new upgrade kept my BBM 5
    09-14-09 01:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD